Donald Trump says Violent Video Games and Films inspire the youth

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
As much as I supported and still do support Trump in this presidential run... I don't agree with Trump on two things now: Global Warming, and now, Video Games/Films.

Now, I realize that the video is by CNN, but listen to his words which most news outlets are picking up on. The only organizations that aren't airing stories like this are republican stations, so consider yourself warned.

Anyway, there has been rating labels for both Films (MPAA), and Games (ESRB), but what he's suggesting is that:

- Both organizations to be replaced by government-run organizations.
- Violent games to be banned from being sold to minors, but companies like GameStop has been firing employees who sold M-rated games to minors for years now.

This is where I draw the line in supporting my president. I hated Joseph Liberman, and I fear I will have the same feeling towards Trump now. *facepalms and rubs forehead*

Studies show that violent video games and these mass shootings aren't intrinsically linked. There is no link between them, because Video Games are far from reality.

The problem is that parents aren't doing much to discipline their children on their gaming time. These kids don't see fantasy from realism.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Music plays a bigger role than video games with glorifying violence and is easier to obtain (you don't need a parent to buy you mature music). Why doesn't anyone mention that?

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
He's scapegoating. That's what he's doing. He's taking a problem which is multilayered in violence from Youth and trying to simplify it. When it comes to whether or not violent video games cause more violence, there is a small correlation, but it does not mean that if you play a violent video game then you're going to engage in violent behaviour. Correlation does not equal causation. But, something which can be done is, of course as you mentioned, parents keeping an eye on what their children are watching and even if they don't shelter them from any violent game or media, make sure they understand that it is only a game or a story and not something which should be done in your daily life.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
He's scapegoating. That's what he's doing. He's taking a problem which is multilayered in violence from Youth and trying to simplify it. When it comes to whether or not violent video games cause more violence, there is a small correlation, but it does not mean that if you play a violent video game then you're going to engage in violent behaviour. Correlation does not equal causation. But, something which can be done is, of course as you mentioned, parents keeping an eye on what their children are watching and even if they don't shelter them from any violent game or media, make sure they understand that it is only a game or a story and not something which should be done in your daily life.

So many people do this today. Instead of looking at their own faults, they want to blame something else. Video games and movies aren't the problem. Parents allowing their young children to play and watch violent ones is a MAJOR problem.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
So many people do this today. Instead of looking at their own faults, they want to blame something else. Video games and movies aren't the problem. Parents allowing their young children to play and watch violent ones is a MAJOR problem.

I mean, eventually, they do need to be exposed to it, because being too sheltered is also a problem. Hell, I wasn't going to drink alcohol until I was 19 (since that is the legal age) by my own parents basically gave me a beer on my 18th birthday and let me have a single drink and my brother and even my parents after the fact that they were surprised I stayed away from it for that long. Even if they can't keep them from it forever, they need to monitor it until they're to a point where they can be trusted with exploring it responsibly.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
I mean, eventually, they do need to be exposed to it, because being too sheltered is also a problem. Hell, I wasn't going to drink alcohol until I was 19 (since that is the legal age) by my own parents basically gave me a beer on my 18th birthday and let me have a single drink and my brother and even my parents after the fact that they were surprised I stayed away from it for that long. Even if they can't keep them from it forever, they need to monitor it until they're to a point where they can be trusted with exploring it responsibly.
Same here. I started drinking alcohol when I was 18, but saw my cousins drinking before me. I didn't know what it was until I got older.

Anyhow, this "responsibility" goes back to Video Games and Films. I am still very much a good kid to this day. I watched violent films since I was about 9 or 10 years old - I was watching Van Damme films such as Hard Target. I played violent games since the day Mortal Kombat was even a thing. Street Fighter 2 was so hot at the time, but what kids don't realize is that it's actually violent. So, kids in that generation and even today, don't get affected by it. Yeah, it's scapegoating.

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
It's not guns or video games that fuck young men up and cause them to do crazy shit, its the fact they've got no place in this world, always outcasts and when you're a socially awkward male you're a creep, have anxiety or autism, but when you're a socially awkward female you're quirky and different. It took me until high school to figure out how to deal with people, if I didn't learn by then I'd probably have that angry mad at society mindset beta males have today. I've seen kids who couldn't figure it out and end up years behind everyone else, confused, it's not good. The reason why they'll never acknowledge this is because A you'd be helping mostly young white males which is a no no today and B our society is built in its current state to filter out those people and make them unacceptable to everyone else, as in the world is pro-bully. Notice how it took columbine to happen before worldwide anti bullying campaigns took off...because the bullies were getting killed.

Oh and don't send your kids to public schools so they can get shot at or your daughter can smoke weed with Jamal and Chad, homeschool them if you have to. Unless you're in a small state, fuck sending kids to a place with a bunch of complete strangers who's parents you'll never meet. I can't believe schools don't get any damage in reputation after events like these, they're abysmal.