Don West is awesome

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

I just want to say, whoever came up with the idea to turn Don West heel...GIVE HIM A PROMOTION! DW's been so funny lately, I'm loving his crush on Velvet Sky, calling her "Vel Vel" rofl, and on an exclusive webmatch he claimed to be texting her at 3AM, he even said he has her on intercom :laugh:

Anyway, the point is, Don West is the best color guy in wrestling right now, he's hilarious when he needs to be, and he does a great job of being a heel announcer as well. He's improved so much since the turn and I just hope he keeps getting better

Thoughts?

Double J

Reaction score
Eh he's not bad. I do like him better as a heel though. Right now my favorite broadcasting team is Stryker and Mathews, although I think I liked Grisham better with Stryker.

I wouldn't mind seeing Zbysko and Tony Schiavone back broadcasting.

Back to West, sometimes I can't stand him sometimes I don't mind him but overall he and Tenay are now the voices of TNA. Much like JR/Lawler and Schiavone/Heenan are of their companies. I think the main reason I somewhat like West is because he reminds me Heenan.

Hometown Kid

West is far and away the best broadcaster on wrestling television in my opinion. I think he's barely even a heel, he just sympathises and explains the heels sides of the story. Which actually makes the faces look kinda bad when you have Tenay defending them (who CANNOT act!). DW is fantastic at his comedic/occasionally serious role but Tenay is hurting the overall product, I hope they make Taz or Foley or even Schiavone to get him out and put him with West.

Angryphilip2

Reaction score
Don West and awesome should never be in the same sentence... i pray that Tazz is coming in to replace him

-TJ-

Don west is awesome. He's been funny as hell lately. And the faces keep looking bad cause Tenay, who sucks at emotional act toward expressing the faces out as good and not bad (I didn't get what i just wrote either) is making West even better.

-TJ-

^Ugh!

*Remembers the infamous (Don West: You didn't stand up for me Tenay. Go F yourself!!!!)* :g:

Dayne

Reaction score
Oohhh yeah, now I remember. Shows I haven't watched TNA in awhile.

MaZZacare

Reaction score
I like him when hes pushing TNA merch which he dose really well and he is far better then Mike Tinay

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Yeah he's been pretty funny since his "heel turn", he has alot of hit and misses though. Slightly more hits than misses.

JACOBS OWNS

Reaction score
i think he's great as a heel which is what TNA needed to improved their commentary but i still like matt Striker better