Does anyone else miss real tag teams?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

soulreaper545

Reaction score
Honestly this unified tag title thing is getting dumber each week, there is absolutely no reason to have them, either make more teams for both titles or drop one set and let them be used. the worst part about it is there are actual tag teams in the company, just teaming up Big Show with some random guy and combining their names isn't a fucking tag team. Big Show doesn't need a tag team and everyone he has been paired with doesn't need a parter either ( jericho and now miz). There are plenty of new guys and mid-carders on the rosters that can be teamed together, that way people can actually get a push and you can have better matchs when you team two like styles together.

Currently while typing this ECW is on and the opening contest is ShowMiz VS. Yoshi Tatsu and Goldust. this may be the worst tag match i have seen up to date. Both teams are just two random guys who have nowhere near similair styles which is just plain boring. we have miz who can actually do some moves teaming with a guy who just throws chops and a punch or two. while the opponents we have a high flyer and a slow paced wrestler can anyone explain how this is supposed to be a good match.

chessarmy

They should put the entire tag division on just one brand, that not only helps make that particular brand unique, but it'll help the tag division as a whole so WWE won't need to think of makeshift teams to randomly put together just to keep the division's heart beating.

noumenon

I've never been a fan of the odd couple tag teams, though a few have worked. Rated RKO was great while they were together, Jerishow was awesome (regardless of Big Show being involved) and there were a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting.
However, obviously a tag team with a gimmick shared between the two of them is obviously preferable. The problem is that any real tag teams that currently exist in WWE really have no steam or momentum. Look at the travesty that is the Hart Dynasty, they've literally done NOTHING since being a team. When it did appear they were going to do the smart thing and have DX put them over, that all went down the drain.
Croft and Baretta are just plain annoying, I'm sure they may end up getting over with a decent amount of heat but then who the hell are they going to feud with.
How many years has Cryme Tyme been around and NEVER won the tag titles?

At this point I would much rather them continue down the path of using the tag titles as a vessel to have a high demand superstar appear on both brands. There aren't too many singles competitors WWE can afford to lose to a tag team right now. Even Miz (although awesome that he gets to appear on both shows) it kind of cutting it close. They're almost hindering his singles career which was just starting to take off by doing this shit to him.

Wordlife

I really miss the golden E&C, Dudley's, Hardy Boyz feuds way back when. Thats when tag teams were amazing!

LadyHotrod

The amount of tag teams now is ridiculous. Back in the day, there were so many to choose from and most of them were great tag teams. Now, what a fucking waste.

MizMasta3000

I remember when odd couple tag teams worked for the comedic factor and did well

Haas and Rico, Head Cheese, Billy and Chuck, etc. Now its two midcarders who have nothing else to do

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
The odd pairing they have recently just don't make since. And some they tag for a while and randomly appear in another tag team
Mark Henry/MVP
Mark Henry/ Even Bourne
Mark Henry/ MVP again
Matt Hardy/Khali :laugh:
Carlito/Chavo
Primo/Bourne

It's rediculous. "Don't have nothing to do, you're partners now" seems to be the mentality.

I remember when odd couple tag teams worked for the comedic factor and did well

Haas and Rico, Head Cheese, Billy and Chuck, etc. Now its two midcarders who have nothing else to do

I can't believe you forgot the greatness that was Booker T and Goldust.

MizMasta3000

omg, how could I forget that. LOL @ Booker T trying to get Goldust in the NWO. Other good examples were Tajiri and Rhino, and Hip Hop Hippo and Scotty Too Hotty

MizMasta3000

^SO EPIC

Hip Hop Hippo? Isn't that what Albert called himself in that team.

Speaking of S2H, I miss Too Cool/Too Much

kimball99

Reaction score
I got to witness the two best eras of tag teams ever. And unless WWE brings back REAL teams, then I will just miss it. It's kinda sad to think about a time when a tag title match was one of the big draws of a PPV, now they barely have tag matches anywhere at all. Hell, I remember being 9 years old and going ape shit about watching Brainbusters vs Hart Foundation. Now we get what, any team real or a mix of two guys, job out to dx.

Jaybsty

Reaction score
The only 'real' tag teams in the WWE at the moment are Cryme Time, Hart Dynasty and Baretta and Croft. The way JTG acts basically makes Cryme Time seem lame. The Hart Foundation have potential but have suffered from really poor booking since leaving ECW and Baretta and Croft...well they're just generic and boring. Wtf is with that gay shit that Baretta does pumping his arms around like an ass clown on the way to the ring?