• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I just finished reading the latest newswire and it said that if you wanted ROH on TV you should go to this link:

http://current.com/items/77319241_ring_of_honor

Watch the video, and then on the top left click the "I like it" button. I know it may be a joke but its just like a bomb threat, at this point you just have to take all rumors of ROH TV deals seriously. I saw the video and it made me proud to be a fan of the best pure professional wrestling orginization in the world, and I know once you see it...it will make you proud too!!

Travis40

YOU DO NOT WANT ROH ON TV...they'll turn into TNA. ROH will have like a 1 hour time slot and they'd have 3 mintue matches to showcase everyone, it'd just bring the prestige and they're reputation down because of the squash matches. I think ROH is perfect where they are right now.

Soulpower

Don't vote! Not only because of what Travis said, but because of something else I read that made sense.

ROH prides itself on having the best technical wrestling around, but in the vidoe what do we see? A Street Fight, exactly what ROH is NOT about. We also see some idiotic fans just cursing out for WWE, again, it puts us in a bad light by making us looking like elitist idiots who hate everything that isn't ROH. The interviews with the wrestlers are good, but the rest doesn't fit the mold of Ring Of Honor... Don't vote.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
I understand SP & Tarvis's concerens, but ROH can't go on forever living off their DVD sales... There doing great at the moment but they'll never be able to compete by only living off the above & PPV Buy rates... Well, that's my opinion atleast!

Anyweis, the higher ups in ROH have mentioned that they wouldn't chose a TV Deal that would compromise on the product. It's been ruomered that they've turned down TV Deals in the past!

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
wanting ROH on TV is a generic complaint for a new ROH fan. They can't do a weekly TV show now, but in a few months or years, it'll be ready.

Montana

As I've said in the past, ROH should do a weekly Recap show. Similar to Videowire. Basically Hype up the upcoming PPV, and DVD's. This way they wouldn't be too worried about ratings, and it would give a introduction of sorts to ROH. Live PPV's would be nice too.

(I also don't think ROH will score a deal with a big enough company to change their product)

Fatal 55

Reaction score
^ That's a gread idea Monty...

I've been wanting ROH to do more videowires & such or start something similair to TNA Today. At the moment, nothing against the videowires but they haven't really furthered or advanced storylines/feuds as much as they could. Part of that problem is, they make 1 every 3 weeks/month! Which is a LONG ass time! When we finnaly get them as well, half of it seems to be advertising DVD's!

I'm hoping for a good change on ROH's Youtube page from now on!

Montana

You couldnt be more right. I heard they were supposed to start doing them weekly, but then they didnt. As far as hyping the dvd's they should show parts of matches, similar to the ppv teaser videos. From their perspective, they only have 2 show's per month or so, so maybe they don't want to over pollute ROH. Also Chris Hero vs Hallowicked is goin to be on ROH videos soon.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
Sounds like a good match...

Since being new to ROH, i haven't managed to see as much Chris Hero as i would like to!