• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Do you think you'll ever 'grow out' of video games?

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Many people get to ages in life where they just stop video games for different reasons. Do you think you will ever be someone who stops?

I am gonna go with a hard no on this one, I'll probably die with a controller in my hands. Been a gamer since Atari 2600, have owned almost every console, still get overly excited anytime there's a next gen release lmfao. Video games have helped me in life, they're an amazing escape from reality and the entertainment value for me is high. I love the basic nature of old school games, and I love the more detailed storytelling of the games that came after. I love the feeling of being so wrapped up in a story that the world around me just disappears and I am fully in to whatever game I am playing. No matter how bad a day might be, the escape helps ease it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Already have mostly, I'll still get some games here and there but I dont really play them at all anymore

Butters

That's Me!
I think I am right now actually. I stopped playing for a little awhile and then got the Xbox Series X because I was bored during the pandemic and it was fun but now that I can do more things again I play it less and less. I got hooked on Fortnite for a spell there and now I don't play that and I boot it up to play stuff and just kinda feel blah about it.

I actually want to sell my xbox so i don't even have the temptation to play it.

Butters

That's Me!
Not fully. But I go through my moments. But I’m sure I’ll always be playing some sort of game til I die.
this is pretty much what I meant, I don't think I'm too old for games or that anyone as an adult playing games needs to grow up, I'm just bored of them at least for right now.

I do think they can be addictive tho and when you get to the point where you're bailing on friends or ignoring the world completely to play games you might need to take a break. I knew people that would call in to work because they had WoW raids and didn't want to miss them.

Dale

Super Moderator
This time last year I would have said a hard no but as things stand now, I haven't played a single game on my steam account since November which is unheard for me. It's been nice taking this long break though in all honesty, after all these years of gaming basically every day and racking up thousands and thousands of hours.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Fully never it's part of my Childhood but if I compare me as a Gamer in the late 90s to early 200s to now of course I'm out of the Gaming World. Now that won't stop me from playing my N64 with my younger Brother that I gave him Brand new years back to have some fun but yeah it's not the same when I would play for 2/3rds of the day with family and friends. Life gets in the way for sure and I'm not lying if my thirst to get back fully hasn't been on my mind these days with how the Games look today.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
this is pretty much what I meant, I don't think I'm too old for games or that anyone as an adult playing games needs to grow up, I'm just bored of them at least for right now.

I do think they can be addictive tho and when you get to the point where you're bailing on friends or ignoring the world completely to play games you might need to take a break. I knew people that would call in to work because they had WoW raids and didn't want to miss them.

LMFAO

I book days off when Resident Evil games come out because those are my babies and I must play them at midnight, but, to actually call in sick for a raid….LOL. That’s hilarious, yet, worrisome.

Doom

La Bestia
No chance that I'll ever stop playing video games. Nowadays, I mostly play Apex Legends. I also play some Quake II and Quake Live with my friend Tear. I wish I have a powerful laptop to play Quake Champions on Steam, but that'll cost thousands of dollars to build one.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Yes and no. I think, I will grow out playing certain games because a lot of games now have little replay value or are just online focus, and I couldn't care less for that. As of late I have been enjoying simple games/RPGs like Pokemon, Minecraft, Animal Crossing, Skyrim, and so forth.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Nah, I doubt it. I've been playing games since I was a child when DOS games were the main ones, and almost 30 years later I'm still playing games. If my Dad can be in his 70's and still play games (yesterday we were discussing our latest games, I was telling him about Suzerain the political sim I'm playing and he was telling me about playing Age Of Empires 2 over from the start), so can I.