Do you think Bobby Lashley would have gotten a better push than he really had if he were a...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
Paul Heyman guy?

I remember watching multiple Paul Heymant shoot interviews regarding the December to Dismember ECW event in 2006, where Heyman originally booked CM Punk to eliminate the Big Show by submission and then win the Elimination Chamber match to become the new ECW World Champion until Vince McMahon completely changed all of that up and booked CM Punk to be the very first wrestler to be eliminated and then have Lashley to win. All of this which caused Heyman to leave the WWE and not come back until 6 years later. All of this made me wonder if Heyman ever really saw something in Bobby Lashley or not. Following Bobby Lashley during his whole Smackdown run, I've always felt that he's a good powerhouse wrestler(not the best but not half bad) with good in-ring abilities but has poor mic skills. I figured Lashley would have gotten an even better main event push than he actually did if he had Heyman do all the mic work for him the same way Heyman did for Brock Lesnar. What do you guys think?

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
adding Paul Heyman to a wrestler isn't always guaranteed to work perfectly. If you think about it, the only person Heyman was able to elevate with his manager work was Lesnar. Punk could have done his heel gig on his own and the rest of the "Paul Heyman" guys were pretty forgettable tbh. So I don't think it would have changed much. They probably would have just called him black Lesnar and moved on to what else was on

Reactions: Red Rain

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I would love if Lashley came back in the midst of what’s happening right now. Roman is getting pushed as usual, braun is white hot, Brock is still the man, and then out of no where, Lashleys music hits and he spears the hell out of Roman Reigns. And then beats the shit out of some other stars.

He comes back as a heel to battle reigns and they have crazy matches that are back and forth and help push both stars to their limits. I would love it.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Did Lesnar vs. Lashley ever happen in anyway? WWE or UFC?
Nope, so at this point... It's yet another "dream match" kind of thing waiting to happen.

Problem is, recently, Bobby Lashley confirmed that he is planning to go back to MMA after shitty booking by Impact. Anthem isn't doing anything to help Lashley's career trajectory. I feel like he's underused in there, that it makes Lashley - Impact's Brock Lesnar. He's that big. Dixie's booking team pushed Lashley as this dominant, black Brock Lesnar.

I feel like that's the same exact reason why he left WWE in the first place, the shitty booking. Only now, he has only raised his own stock, that he's worth more than when he left WWE. My opinion.

Reactions: Red Rain

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Nope, so at this point... It's yet another "dream match" kind of thing waiting to happen.

Problem is, recently, Bobby Lashley confirmed that he is planning to go back to MMA after shitty booking by Impact. Anthem isn't doing anything to help Lashley's career trajectory. I feel like he's underused in there, that it makes Lashley - Impact's Brock Lesnar. He's that big. Dixie's booking team pushed Lashley as this dominant, black Brock Lesnar.

I feel like that's the same exact reason why he left WWE in the first place, the shitty booking. Only now, he has only raised his own stock, that he's worth more than when he left WWE. My opinion.
Agree, I feel that if and when he does return, he will be seen as a bigger badass and be forced into the main event scene. Given the current landscape on Raw, if he came back now and battled Braun, Brock, Roman, and Joe, it would be awesome.