Do you support Michael Vick?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Do you support Michael Vick?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PeepShow

Given that a federal grand jury has indicted Michael Vick in connection with a dog fighting investigation, what do you think the NFL should do? Should commissioner Roger Goodell wait until the case is resolved before doling out any punishment? Should the Falcons begin heading in another direction on the chance that Vick might be convicted and draw a suspension? Can the Matt Schaub trade be rescinded?

Do you support him in this trial, or do you not like him b/c of his somewhat controversial imgage? Thoughts.........

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Absolutely, its one thing to fuck with adults, but when you fuck with kids or animals you've gone beyond the pale.

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
i agree 100% MS.

if you know something is illegal. why the fuck would you do it? you're a professional football player who is making millions of dollars and is a starter and could have been a future hall of famer. and then he fucks up.

f him

c4_FatTony

Reaction score
^^Couldn't have said it better. Act like a pro or don't even start.

No sympathy

circle

Reaction score
I hate Vick, but I think until a court can prove him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt then I would have to support Vick b/c he isn't guilty.

Plus these type of cases it is really hard to convict him on these charges.

The only charges I can see is negligence b/c if he claims that he was never there then he should have known this was going on.

I'll say I support him pending on the outcome of the discovery portion

sunny_4u

Reaction score
sorry 10 messages required

sorry 10 messages required

ChiWa

Reaction score
I don't think any sports league, should take any action, against any player, without a conviction. If I worked at McDonalds, and got charged with DUI, I wouldn't be fired, until I lost my license, and couldn't get to work. It is still America, and you should be innocent until proven guilty.
That said, this looks bad for Vick. I know a little about animal fighting, and it is more about gambling on it, than watching the fight. The way this sounds, these guys got wood watching dogs die. I can't imagine Vick thought he needed more money.
I have an American Pittbull terrier, and he is the sweetest, most people loving dog I have ever seen. And he is about 60lbs, stronger than hell, has a jaw muscle probably 10x a person, wicked teeth, and I can't imagine any other kind of dog he couldn't kill. He is too strong and rowdy to be around little kids. He will scracth the hell out you trying get in your lap. He has all of the physical tools to fight, but no mean streak. He would to have learn that somewhere else.

Oasis

Reaction score
^^^
I agree with what you said about the league shouldn't be taking action against a player that hasn't been proven guilty. But yeah i really don't support Vick at all, even if he wasn't involved he still let all the shit happen at his house so fuck him.......

newcreature

Reaction score
Yes he should be suspended. Whether he's guilty or not. There was dogfighting that took place on property he owned. That makes him responsible. Ignorance is no excuse.

phantomgerald

He should never have gotten invloved. Never liked him as a player anyway. Maybe TNA would pick him up after he's suspended. Vick vs pacman!!

FlamesofFury

Reaction score
The little place in the back of your mind that you
yes he should be kicked out of the nfl

The NFL won't do that, I think he is going to get a 1 year suspension but in keeper leagues he is now a bargain in fantasy.

No I don't support him, I hate him as a player and I think he did the wrong thing and had been doing this a while, I don't think he gives a damn about his fans and only cares about himself which is fine because he is never going to go to the NFC Title Game or the Super Bowl. I don't support Mike Vick and I feel most people don't.

straight_edge76

I support Michael Vick, Im a Falcons Fan Through & Throught, but It looks like its gonna be a LOOOONNNG season for the Falcons &..... Joey Flippin' Harrington *Shrug*