do you prefer?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Malone Hart

Reaction score
Batista: What happened?

I have been watching loads and loads of old DVD's from a couple of years back when Batista was just starting out and he was amazing i mean he had a brilliant physique, plus he was decent on the microphone i mean when he was world teag team champions with Ric Flair and they faced the Dudley Boyz at the Royal Rumble in a tables match he cut a quick promo on them on the way to the ring, but it was a good promo, everything flowed off his tongue and he gave the promo with anger. Also he used to have good matches, i mean yeah they were'nt any Steamboat/Flair classic but he seemed to know what he was doing in the ring, and the fans were really into him, i mean when he turned on Evolution on Raw and powerbombed HHH through the table the roof nearly got blown off the building, but then he got injured and everything just went down hill. Since he has came back his wrestling skills majorly suck, half the time it is like he does'nt know what to do. Each time he talks on the microphone he stutters or says something with such little passion that it comes off lame, and the fans are not really into him at all now, he has'nt got the biggest pop on smackdown for a long while now.

I was just looking for people's opinions on what they think happened to him?

03mnm

Reaction score
I will admit since Batista got injured and when he came back it just aint been the same. I also remember that night when he power bombed HHH through the table that’s when I became a major Batista fan. Since coming back Batista aint been the same but I wouldn’t say he sucks.

Wrestling God

Reaction score
I agree i have said it before he does not look right since his injury and the way he has been doing the batista bomb lately it looks like he could really hury somebody.

KANNIBAL

Reaction score
Mark Henry made him soft. He's not what he used to be, Never liked him ever since he backstabbed Evolution.

Soulpower

He got pushed too soon... He was put in a feud against pronanly the biggest name in the business (HHH) and actually went over in their feud. Batista probably thinks he's the man because of this and feels that he doesn't have to try as hard in the ring.... All I can say is he used to be decent, and now he's just crap.

Nation

His triple threat match with Finlay and booker was a awesome match.Other then that i can't recall any other great matches as of late.

xtremebadass

Batista should have never gotten pushed to begin with. In 2002 four guys debuted, Batista, Cena, Orton, and Brock Lesnar, if Lesnar would have stayed Batista wouldn't be where he is today. In other words I hate Batista, but that's just me

phantomgerald

he was decent when he just started being solo, but now he just seems to lose motivation

Wrestling Station

Batista started as a heel since OVW, when he joined WWE, he continued as a heel and it was good on him when he broke Goldberg's ankle! from that time he joined Evolution. He bought decent matches mainly in Raw. After joining Smackdown, he gave fewer decent matches. A good match in SD was in summerslam2005 No Holds Barred match against JBL. After the injury, i can only see him made a great match in the triple threat match. After that he still needs to show more of what Batista made of.

The main problem i see in Batista is that he always depend on power moves only, he needs to use some submission moves. I can only recall 3 to 4 times he used submission moves since joining WWE. If he start using submission moves, he will get better in the ring.

circle

Reaction score
I do like Batista, but yeah I do see how he has not really been the same since he has been back from the serious injury.

One thing I noticed is he seems to cruise through the company, and since he came to smackdown b/c he is basically their top guy. I personally think he is a little on the stale side as far as his character goes, and I'm really not sure if his match with the undertaker will help batista cement his career at this point, unless he comes out the winner at WM23.

I do like his wrestling moves, but he does need some help with the mic, but when he was with evolution he started to joke around and kid with HHH and Natch, and I hope he does that more in the future. That's what I thought was great about batista he would do subtle promos and those were great to watch.

I hope Batista can turn it around...

Taker

Reaction score
I used to like watching Batista wrestle in his Evolution days, but since he came to Smackdown he has gone downhill from the beginning of his Debut on Smackdown. He got injured and when he came back he wasn't that good. Maybe it was his injury that made him weaker. They should send him back to raw and join a faction like DX or Rated RKO...if they stay together. But on his own, he doesn't know where he's at!

Captive8

Reaction score
I am a big Batista fan and I realize he has not been the same since his injury. Heck, he hasnt been the same since leaving Raw, but more worse since the injury. He looks very sloppy and slow in the ring. I was kinda suprised they put the belt back on in november. I thought the WWE was going to take time to build his in ring skills again and then have him chase the title and win it at WM.

WeztSide

Reaction score
ya same here im a hudge batista fan i have seen that to that batista dosnt acked the same

btman

Reaction score
Taker Vs. Batista..... I have no clue who I want to win lol.