Do you find the WWE interesting anymore?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Do you find the WWE interesting anymore?

• Of course, they're doing great! :D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They're doing okay, some things need to change though.

• I hate the way they're putting up their shows. They need a COMPLETE TRANSFORMATION. :D

• I don't care. They can fuck themselves.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
From the little bit of WWE programming I get to watch every week over here, I voted for "complete transformation".

It's a shame we're in the PG era, because they have a TON of talent right now. Yet, Khali, Mark Henry, and other knuckle draggers get to keep a paycheck and stink up our tv screens.

The problem is though, is lack of variety. Nobody cares about half the roster because 80% of the roster has no gimmick and isn't allowed to cut promos. You have all these guys with black trunks and "names" with no characteristics for fans to identify with and get behind.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^But to put things in another view, HBK and Bret Hart and even Steve Austin made names for themselves in really bad times of WWE.

...By the same token, not an era that was subject to such a creative strangle-hold (i.e. Gimmick PPVs, crap writers, homogonised product, the shitty guest host stuff... and the PG-factor, should you wish to consider that as a prob in itself).

92-96 Maybe have been a bad time for the company, but was not subject to the same kind of issues that the majority of peeps have a gripe with today.

In some ways that era reminds me of the 2004-2006/7 period when WWE found themselves at a crossroads after the Attitude eraperiod, just like they did after the 90's boom period.... Only they took two entirely opposing routes to try and 'restore' the company's fortunes (i.e. Getting 'Attitude' 'round 97/98 and going PG 2008/2009).

Personally, I find the product just the wrong side of being "inconsistently entertaining" atm..... Some great talent, some good matches here and there when the guys ARE given a chance, but the pay-off just isn't there to motivate me to sit through 4+ hours of TV every week. I've been a hell of a lot more patient than most with the PG-era, but the successioon of half-arsed, abandoned and/or teased pushes since last summer have gone a long way to kill my patience with the product (feeling like I'm being toyed with or punnished for getting emotionally involved in their characters). Just PPVs and a sprinkling of TV for me right now; the Nexus thang is not doing enough to draw me back in and I really couldn't give a toss about the Taker/Kane angle over on SD.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I try but I find myself getting more and more disinterested with wrestling these days. More into the UFC atm.

The Gamegirl

Reaction score
I don't find the WWE as interesting as I did a few years back. It has become very predictable and bland, although I do enjoy the NXT invasion angle going on right now.

The RKO Disciple

Reaction score
WWE is totally interesting with all the new guys they're trying to push and develop.

wwe seems to know who and when to push talent, but sometimes it feels like its long overdue (hence nonstop action wrestling/Lethal and MCMG). Other then that the talent wwe uses like sheamus, mcintyre and names like that their in good shape.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I voted for They're doing okay, some things need to change though. Because that is what I feel. They have some extremely talented guys with bright futures (Miz, Sheamus, Punk, Bourne, JoMo to name a few) and they have a group of 'older guys' (Jericho, HHH, Taker, Kane, Show etc.) that the younger guys can work with to help get ready for their time to shine. Then, there are the guys just hitting their prime (Orton, Cena etc.). Sure, some of the stuff that the WWE is doing I could go without (The Nexus mainly) but for the most part, they are in a nice spot product wise. I am not as interested in it as I have been at other times in the PG era, but I tend to lose a bit of interest once summer comes around. In in-ring product is good imo and while some promos are horrendiously boring, some keep me well interested.

Also, all of these 'WWE is predictable' arguments need to go out the window. Of course, when you are on the internet reading rumors, blogs and spoilers everything would be predictable. But, think about it like this if you didn't ever get on the internet and look up the spoilers and shit would you be able to 'predict' half of the stuff that goes on? I highly doubt it. I remember a few weeks ago when I was on vacation and I had limited computer access and I was watching RAW and SD, I wasn't 'predicting' what was going to happen every five minutes. Sure, as an intellegent wrestling fan you have your ideas based on booking and what not, but you can't be like "Oh, I knew the partner was going to be (insert wrestler here)"
or "this is where (insert wrestler here) returns"