Do wrestlers REALLY need to get a huge reaction anymore?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
It seems back in the 'Attitude Era', almost everyone got a reaction. Now, the world heavyweight champion can't even get much of a reaction unless he has Ricardo with him.

It seems all Vince really cares about now is the money, so my question is, If you sell merch for the WWE and you make them money in whatever position you're in, do you really need a big reaction now?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I think the two go hand in hand, If people buy your shirts in large amounts those same people will cheer you. If we're talking hypothetically one or the other then of course all he cares about is money, you could come out to crickets but if you're generating revenue who cares? Cena gets the wrong reaction a lot of the time for his alignment but he's still the cash cow.
I think the two go hand in hand, If people buy your shirts in large amounts those same people will cheer you. If we're talking hypothetically one or the other then of course all he cares about is money, you could come out to crickets but if you're generating revenue who cares? Cena gets the wrong reaction a lot of the time for his alignment but he's still the case cow.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
I hate the fact so many crowds are quiet really drags events down. Its not hard to pump a crowd so they respond accordingly. But as mentioned the WWE are more concerned with merchandise and films it seems. Pops at the min seem few and far between compared to years ago.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Crowds fucksuck today. They watch it like some special award shows.

Exceptional crowds are Toronto, Montreal, Chicago, London, ect.

Reactions: Cloud

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
You said it, now the only important thing is money, WWE should be stripped of the E because isn't really entertaining... Now WWE only cares about WWE and the crowd pays to see people not to get excited with matches...

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Would drag the show down and I'm pretty sure the wrestlers wouldn't work as hard or some wouldn't even work. You go out there, entertain, get beat up in the ring and people just stare and say "cool bro I'll buy your shirt"? I wouldn't work like that if it were me.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I guess not, but if people are buying so much merch that the wrassler has a decent spot, why wouldn't they have a huge following and fans cheering at events?