Do anyone else notice how the Cartoon World has basically fallen

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I hope I'm not the only one that has notice this, but have anybody else noticed how cartoons have fallen so far they basically have no interest?

Back in my day there were cartoons that target the whole Audience no matter what age you were.

Wrestling and Cartoons were my top things to watch now its so bad it's depressing.

I remember watching Cartoon Network as a Kid and seeing shows like...

Samurai Jack, Justice League, The Batman, KND, Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Ben 10, Chowder, etc.

Then you have Nicktoons who fell flat after they lost DBZ Kai.

They had shows like...

Iron Man armored adventures, Wolverine and The X-Men, Avatar Last Airbender, Danny Phantom, My Life as a Teenage Robot, etc.

Nowadays it's all about Teen Titans go and other Shitty remakes that goes down the toilet after 1 season.

I once thought I would live watching cartoons forever. But I look at how they have lost it's touch, it sickens me.

Do anyone else notice this travesty?

Reactions: Marty McFourth

BallroomDancer

Dangerous Dancing Dan
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
deanmalenko
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
That's why I haven't watch tv for a long time now.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
That's why I haven't watch tv for a long time now.
I remember the whole Thunder Cats Roar thing.

So many people were pissed about it, that they wanted to go to the CN headquarters and burn that sum-bitch to the ground!....

Go to this videos comment section and see how pissed they were

To be honest I haven't watched main stream TV in like 4 years...

Only thing I would watch on main stream TV is WWE. But I haven't looked at WWE in months.

BallroomDancer

Dangerous Dancing Dan
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
deanmalenko
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Now everything is SJW or what they think LGBT wants:

Also, Changing all well-known superheroes into something they are not. I'm a Christian but that is soo chinge.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Now everything is SJW or what they think LGBT wants:

Also, Changing all well-known superheroes into something they are not. I'm a Christian but that is soo chinge.

That was one weird ass trailer.

They've changed a lot of things in the last 20 years. In my day of being a kid you would not even think of the things they are promoting now on TV

BallroomDancer

Dangerous Dancing Dan
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
deanmalenko
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
That was one weird ass trailer.

They've changed a lot of things in the last 20 years. In my day of being a kid you would not even think of the things they are promoting now on TV

Yeah. I'm glad that LGBT is on the same boat as us that they didn't like it at one bit. That show has more backlash from LGBT. lol.

Reactions: Deadmanforever97

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Yeah..... I remember watching Billy and Mandy, KND, Courage the cowardly Dog, Spongebob, Dexter, even the Power Rangers! It's been forever since I watched cartoons. (Probably over 12 years)

Reactions: BallroomDancer

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Eh, I don't really pay attention to the current TV landscape at all, I haven't watched any western cartoons since the ended of Steven Universe Future, which Steven Universe is one of my favourite series and that's still relatively new I guess so it's not hopeless. Also, hear great things about Infinity Train, which I know has ended but still. Mao Mao seems like the show is probably fun, I liked the joke stab at Steven Universe I saw from it. Here Amphibia's really good, I don't know. There's definitely a lack of straight actions shows, at least ones suitable for all audiences since I hear Invincible is great but like whatever. There's crappy shows in every generation and while I don't like stuff like Teen Titans Go, it's whatever.

I mean, at least it's not like in, I think it was 2009 when CN became CN Real and focused on live-action content instead of cartoon. That's the real dark point.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Eh, I don't really pay attention to the current TV landscape at all, I haven't watched any western cartoons since the ended of Steven Universe Future, which Steven Universe is one of my favourite series and that's still relatively new I guess so it's not hopeless. Also, hear great things about Infinity Train, which I know has ended but still. Mao Mao seems like the show is probably fun, I liked the joke stab at Steven Universe I saw from it. Here Amphibia's really good, I don't know. There's definitely a lack of straight actions shows, at least ones suitable for all audiences since I hear Invincible is great but like whatever. There's crappy shows in every generation and while I don't like stuff like Teen Titans Go, it's whatever.

I mean, at least it's not like in, I think it was 2009 when CN became CN Real and focused on live-action content instead of cartoon. That's the real dark point.
Truly you cannot get me to like any show Cartoon Network produces now.

The last show I like on CN was Regular Show.

But anything now sucks compared to the 90s and 2000s Cartoon Network

Last edited:

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Truly you cannot get me to like any show Cartoon Network produces now.

The last show I like on CN was Regular Show.

But anything now sucks compared to the 90s and 2000s Cartoon Network
I wasn't trying to get you to like current stuff Cartoon Network produces now, I don't watch any of the stuff so I wouldn't know if they're good. I think the notion you wrote in the OP that it's all Titans Go or other shitty remakes is demonstrably untrue, although Teen Titans Go does indeed suck and remakes are a noticeably bad trend (which is not limited to cartoons).

I haven't watched it, everything I've seen & heard about Mao Mao seems fine. I think it's cool they did an episode about the death of a family member (or specifically, how the father gets overprotective of his daughter after the wife dies). Just heard about the episode, I think it's cool when a show can tackle more emotional subjects.

I think Victor and Valentino sounds neat, I like supernatural mythology and it's cool to see a series that apparently focuses on like Aztec & Maya mythology. And Infinity Train's anthology nature and the fact that apparently it gets quite dark intrigues me. I also mentioned Amphibia & Invincible so I wasn't just talking CN anyway.

I was just sharing my stance, which is, from the sounds of things, there are still good shows, I haven't watched enough current cartoons to agree that the Cartoon world is garbage. Maybe I'd hate all those shows I hear getting praise, maybe I'll find a new favourite, it's up in the air until I watch it.

Sounds like you probably hated it, which is fine of course, but I'd take Steven Universe over any Cartoon Network show from the 90s or 2000s except for Samurai Jack. Speaking of Jack, did you not like Sym-Bionic Titan, or did you not see it? It came out after Regular Show (by like a week), but it was Genndy's show after Jack and, I remember thinking the pilot sucked and it didn't get to finish but otherwise it's one of the best series CN's ever done.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Cartoons are nothing like they used to be.

I remember growing up with the likes of Johnny Bravo, Jackie Chan Adventures, Ed, Edd n Eddy and many many more. Good times.