Did I Really Listen to That, What The Hell Was Wrong With Me?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Guano

Reaction score
Did I Really Listen to That, What The Heck Was Wrong With Me?

Recently, I watched an online video review about bands/musicians that the video reviewer used to like, but has completely changed their opinion on bands/musicians. So, I tried to list some of the bands that I listened to at one point and couldn't believe some of the music/musicians I liked back in the day. I thought it would make a great thread and here I am now starting this very thread. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I listed to some of these bands at one point, but I'll list some of the bands/musicians I listened to, but not regret.

Avril Lavigne: This was back when she first started out with songs, like Complicated, Sk8ter Boi, etc... I thought she was the greatest, but I eventually grew up and moved away from Avril and her music and thankfully not looking back.

Maroon 5: I thought they were this awesome band with a lot of catchy songs like, This Love, and She Will be Loved, etc... However, I've changed my opinion on them years ago and realized that they honestly weren't that great. I'll admit that they had a few catchy songs here and there, but to be honest I could careless about them now a days.

Nickelback: Do I really need to explain myself? I eventually came to the realization that 90% of their songs promoted sex, drugs, partying, while living the rock star life style.

Puddle of Mudd: This is one of the more recent bands that I've started to stray away from, because in all honest I haven't found their music to be all that impressive. Don't get me wrong they have a few good songs here and there, but I honestly can't stand them anymore. They seem way to generic now a days.

Anyways this brings me to my question,

"Are there any bands/musicians that you are a little embarrassed to admit at one point you were a fan?"

Last edited:

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Limp Bizkit, I cannot believe that I used to listen to that crap. They ruined Woodstock, and everything that was good about the rap/rock feuled Nu-Rock of the late 90's.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
There were so many better bands that completely outshine the garbage that is Fred Durst, I even remember thinking Wes Borland a capable member of the band, until he joined Combichrist and ruined them. Even Papa Roach was better than Bizkit.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
That was the album that made me stop listening to them. I still dont mind the odd song from 3 Dolla Bill, but that is only because they are on the Family Values '98 and Jump Around regardless of being a cover is their best song.

I used Insignificant Other as a frizbee one day, to this day the only other CD I have done that with is a Skrillex one I picked up for $5 because they did work with Korn. Reminded me of the Chipmunks ffs.

Pete

Reaction score
Limp Bizkit
Aqua
Backstreet Boys (I WANTED TO GET THEIR CD!!!!)
Hanson
Papa Roach (Infest era)
Linkin Park (although I still jam them now and then)

Chocolate Starfish was the shit back then though. "KEEP ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN'!"

Last edited:

Pete

Reaction score
Nah, that's not even it (although they DO suck now). But the thing is, they've ALWAYS sucked. They weren't exactly the most honest/technically proficient/erudite of bands. Their albums hold almost no appeal for people over the age of 20 or so. I just couldn't see that when I was 16 :)