Did Dean go too far?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
fdydTnkQLoVjADw.jpg

So Dean cut a promo last night and it made a lot of people feel uncomfortable.
The video will start playing at his point of the promo. You can hear the crowd go dead silent.

"We were rotten to the core from the very beginning, and now we're all going to pay for it in different ways. What goes around comes back around."

"I mean, look at Roman. For what [he] did in The Shield, he has to answer to the man upstairs."

He basically called out Roman's medical issue as punishment for what he did.
Yeah, it was kayfabe but do you think it was too far?

Redboy123@

Reaction score
He may have done. Personally I don't mind heels scraping the bottom of the barrel

What I do have a problem is that the reasoning behind Dean's heel turn sucks. Really sucky reason for the turn. Maybe we will find out more or find out the real reason. I think Dean is just trying to look hard af with this made up explanation.

But yeah I don't think it went too far. More that it was just the wrong direction to take from a storytelling and entertainment perspective. I want a emotional and deep reason for the turn cuz right now Dean is just a generic heel.

Reactions: Solid Snake

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
He didn't outright say 'good he has cancer' right? Although it was clear that's what it was. I don't know because more than inappropriate (and I think it is considering the way Roman left things in the ring) I feel it's cheap heat. I mean these two are great storytellers, why even resort to it?

I remember Randy making fun of Eddie's death in a story with Rey, that was unnecessary too but I'm guessing Vince wrote both of those promos.

So while think it was inappropriate, it's just even cheaper IMO.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I just see it as WWE siezing the opportunity to Promote Roman's comeback from his health issues.

They're going to have more guys saying negative things about his issue.

then out of nowhere here comes Roman to make those guys eat those words.

It's just WWE's plan to build up Roman's Return

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
I just see it as WWE siezing the opportunity to Promote Roman's comeback from his health issues.

They're going to have more guys saying negative things about his issue.

then out of nowhere here comes Roman to make those guys eat those words.

It's just WWE's plan to build up Roman's Return
You might be right especially since an indie wrestler who's friends with a ref in WWE told me that or hinted at it

Last edited:

Redboy123@

Reaction score
What If Roman doesn't recover? Then you just got guys talking shit about a guy with cancer.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Hmm. It's so hard to respond to a lot of these threads, because like I still love analyzing wrestling... and when I saw this and watched the segment it actually felt surprisingly natural..
I'd rather have a stronger heel turn with a much bigger reason for Dean to be so angry at his Shield brothers before going right to him being mentally broken enough to wish death upon his former friend.

I want to believe in kayfabe like we do with better promotions so I just instantly blame WWE for us looking at their show as being written first lol

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
It would have made more sense coming from someone with a more spiritual personality: ie, Kane, Undertaker, Bray Wyatt, etc