Dibiase / Goldust Fued

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Reaction score
Is the goldust fued helping or hurting Ted Dibiase? Clearly Goldust has sort of risen from the ashes for this fued. I think it is helping in some way, but it's helping goldust, a solid vetern in the ring into a meaningful storyline. I love how they are using the million dollar championship, and aksana. The wedding storyline is a nice twist to the angle.

Hopefully Dibiase can come out of this fued with more momentum, because since he's gained Maryse he hasn't really done much.

bigdog4215

Reaction score
Its defininatley one of the best things going on raw,I've been a fan of dibiase since his departure from legacy and its great to gold dust back on raw and invovled in something.

Veritas

Reaction score
Well, it certainly isn't hurting DiBiase because it's not like he's a big star who's been reduced to working with Goldust. Goldust is a solid ring veteran and an angle like this the sort of thing WWE needs to be doing more often - putting a young talent in the ring with a veteran for a lengthy program that, more than anything, allows the young guy to LEARN.

Goldust did a great job of getting Sheamus over and ready for a substantial push - maybe he can do it for DiBiase, too.

Axis

Reaction score
It's entertaining, so at least there's short-term gain. Hopefully Goldust can teach DiBiase how to be good so we can get some long-term gain.

CMS

Reaction score
I come from money, I come from class, these ladies love me, for all my cash.

Ted had my won just by his theme song. Fighting Goldust is far more entertaining than tag matches with smurf and Eve

Reaction score
I'm a Goldust mark, and am enjoying this program too. I want Goldust to go full on back into the Bizarre One character he introduced us to in 96 though. Vignettes and all.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Probably shouldn't have had them on PPV (at least not yet), but it's an enjoyable program. Plus, I'm always in favour of longer-running programs.

As for Ted:

Montana said:
Hopefully Dibiase can come out of this fued with more momentum, because since he's gained Maryse he hasn't really done much.

Yet did even less before that for that... I can't think of any pre-maryse fueds he's had yet at least he's had programs with 'Dust, JoMo & Truth since.

I think Cody (like any young up n' comer) lucked out getting drafted to SD.

...god...

Reaction score
One of the highlights of the WWE now this + the commentary is all fucking gold. But I agree, more promos for Goldust and get back into the character 100%.

Cole: "I knew she was a filthy wench!"
"Just like a woman, to play with a man's emotions."

CMS

Reaction score
Say what you will, but Cole as heel is win

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I am really enjoying this feud. For what it is, an attempt to put over Ted. Ever since the Legacy split Ted hasn't done much of anything besides run around with the Million Dollar championship and Virgin for a few weeks before replacing him with Maryse. Goldust is currently in a great spot for a guy like Ted to go over on, he is an aging veteran likely on his last or one of his last big runs before retiring, and Goldust is really making Ted look like a legitimate mid-card heel imo. Trading wins with guys like Truth and Morrison is fine and everything, but I think that going over, or maybe even squashing Goldust could be a good starting point for his potential push up the card to maybe a US title feud with Bryan somewhere down the line.

...god...

Reaction score
Say what you will, but Cole as heel is win
Honestly, next to the Miz my favorite thing in all of wrestling, literally keeps me watching (or listening) just to hear. They finally brought Josh Matthews over so Raw was epic with that team. They point out all the stupid shit like: Josh - Why is Santino wearing his ring attire under that suit? Cole - Because ALL superstars wear their ring attire at all times. I love how they put him on all shows now too and with Striker, the team is awesome as well. Too bad Lawler might be coming back and Grisham is on SD over Josh Matthews for whatever reason. The big hug to A-RI when Miz came out last night was fucking gold, this should be the official COLE MINER thread.

CMS

Reaction score
Cole has reached a point where everything he says is just hilarious. He excels with Vickie Guerrero and The Miz, but overal the way he points out everything stupid as you say, yet how he marks out for the most stupid of things is amazing. Don't know if you watched it, but hearing Aksana and Goldust's wedding called by Josh and Michael Cole had to be the most hilarious thing I've heard.

Cole/Striker/Matthews ftw

...god...

Reaction score
Yeah, go to the NXT thread, I specifically commented on it. I was waiting for an Eric Bischoff/3 minute warning reference, tbh.

...god...

Reaction score
ROFL, please tell me you saw this, CMS. Just watched SD, probably the greatest commentary moment.

[yt]gPyUGgFY8uE[/yt]
3:43

YOU STOP IT, YOU'RE A WENCH!

CMS

Reaction score
Lol at how he said cougar earlier on that same show.

Cole is so amazing, can't believe I wrote that.

NXT is the place to hear him do his subtle jokes though:

[YT]3dAoSZdzBVw&feature=related[/YT]