Indy Wrestling DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate & Mercury Rising 2014 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Open the Ultimate Gate 2014
DGUSA%20Banner%20-%2004042014.png

Confirmed Card
Open the Freedom Gate Championship: Johnny Gargano (c) vs Ricochet

Open the United Gate Championship: The Bravado Brothers (c) vs The Premier Athlete Brand (Anthony Nese & Caleb Konley)

Chris Hero vs Masato Tanaka

Low Ki vs. Trent Baretta

The Colony (Fire Ant & Green Ant) vs The Gentlemen's Club (Chuck Taylor & Drew Gulak)

AR Fox vs Mr. A

Biff Busick vs Rich Swann

Mercury Rising 2014
DGUSA%20Banner%20-%2004052014.png

Dark Match Main Event: Bad Influence (Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian) vs TBD after the tournament

Johnny Gargano vs Low Ki

DGUSA Six Man Tournament First Round Match #1: AR Fox, Rich Swanna & Ricochet vs. Chris Hero, Masato Tanaka, & Roderick Strong

DGUSA Six Man Tournament First Round Match #2: The Bravado Brothers & Moose vs. Fire Ant, Green Ant & Lince Dorado

DGUSA Six Man Tournament First Round Match #3: Anthony Nese, Caleb Konley, & Trent Baretta vs. The Gentleman's Club

DGUSA Six Man Tournament Finals - Elimination Match: Winner Of Match #1 vs. Winner Of Match #2 vs. Winner Of Match #3

The Winner Of Ivelisse vs. Jazz At A Wrestling Odyssey Will Defend The SHINE Championship

Plus: Biff Busick, Larry Dallas, Mr. A, Su Yung and others!!!​

Last edited:

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Gargano v. Ricochet. Two of my fave indy guys right now. Should be a good event.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Gargano will probably successfully defend the title against Ricochet.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Chris Hero vs Masato Tanaka has been added to Open The Ultimate Gate.

Original post has been updated.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Gabe's posted a statement on his facebook page saying there will be no Dragon Gate talents appearing on these shows. A full explanation will be given tomorrow apparently:

"We apologize, but it looks like there will not be Dragon Gate talent on the shows next weekend. This has been an ongoing situation for a while. It is not between us and Dragoon Gate. Our relationship remains strong and DGUSA will continue and will feature Dragon Gate talent in the future. This has been a daily thing where every day we think something was about to break. Now the clock has run out. We owe you a complete explanation and will have that on Monday.

In the meantime, we know you only care about two things- what the lineups are going to be and how we will make this up to you. We took the first step as a precaution by booking Masato Tanaka to face Chris Hero on the Friday night DGUSA show. We need to thank Highspots for making this possible. We are now finalizing the rest. We will have word to you on Monday.

I personally apologize and am very embarrassed by this entire situation. As an organization, we deeply apologize. The bottom line is that we will rebound and we will have amazing shows in New Orleans with a talented, exciting and dynamic roster. We will give you a great experience and present events that you will always remember fondly.

We appreciate and value your patience. We would have said more earlier, but this is something where we literally thought there would be a resolution and announcement on a daily basis. I realize this is not a suitable explanation for some of you and will accept the criticism and try to make it right. It is the best we can do right at this moment.

We'll give you the entire story on Monday when we have everything situated. I will be around for all your questions and comments on Twitter and here on Facebook after we release the lineups and explain what happened. Thank you for all your support and we will make this right on the biggest weekend of the year."

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Ki/Barreta, Busick/Swann and Fox/Mr. A have been announced. Ki/Barreta should be :mark: even though I'm not the biggest Low Ki fan. I thought he was retired anyway? Not that I'm surprised he came out of it or anything.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Ki/Barreta will be insane!

Low Ki did retire then recently came back in Australia in what was said to be for the last time, guess he can't stay away from retirement.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Mercury Rising card has got a few matches on it now.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
To be honest, i'm not looking forward to these shows. Both cards imo look weak on paper. Gabe getting Ki to come out of retirement for the thousandth time is laughable. Shame that Bad Influence won't be on the iPPV, since both Daniels & Kaz are still under contract with TNA, even though it's rumored their deals expire in weeks.

I'll probably download the shows when they're out.