• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DGUSA: Gargano vs. Shingo ending (Open the Ultimate Gate 2013)

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
I had wondered about Sal. Sad to hear that then. I've heard quite a bit about Gabe, and I agree when it comes to making stars and doing solid booking, Gabe is great and very talented. But when it comes to business-sense, he's certainly lacking. I wish someone could get through to him that even something as simple as timely DVD releases would better benefit the overall product. Sal, on the other hand, I hadn't heard much about so I didn't know what to think there.
Sal is the guy who runs and books Full impact pro. But obviously he is a Sapolsky protege.

Some DVD distributor (Highspots or smark mark) should get a hold of Gabe and tell them that they could do the DVD editing ON TIME and CHEAP. So that Gabe could get it into his head that he doesn't need to do it.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Sal is the guy who runs and books Full impact pro. But obviously he is a Sapolsky protege.

Some DVD distributor (Highspots or smark mark) should get a hold of Gabe and tell them that they could do the DVD editing ON TIME and CHEAP. So that Gabe could get it into his head that he doesn't need to do it.

NOW you're talking. I had just double-checked Highspots a moment ago and noticed that sure enough the most recent Evolve DVD they have is for Evolve 15 -- ridiculous. If he would hand that over to someone else and focus on what he's good at, then it'd be a win-win for the company and the fans.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
I wish there was no bad blood with Gabe and ROH it would be great if we saw talent from both promotions work together.

Stopspot

NOW you're talking. I had just double-checked Highspots a moment ago and noticed that sure enough the most recent Evolve DVD they have is for Evolve 15 -- ridiculous. If he would hand that over to someone else and focus on what he's good at, then it'd be a win-win for the company and the fans.
We should start a petition! Up on the barricades! It's not like we are asking for his first born. Get a third party distributor in who can offer decent results at an affordable price. There are tons of independent video distribution companies out there and then a distribution deal with highspots or smartmark and Gabe could actually do what he says he is doing (killing ROH).

Stopspot

I wish there was no bad blood with Gabe and ROH it would be great if we saw talent from both promotions work together.
They did at first actually. Steen, Cole, Richards etc have all worked in DGUSA and Evolve. Danielson and Richards came up with the old Evolve concept actually. Then Richards tried to strong arm more pay out of both companies, he had already gotten Gabe to agree to give him the freedom gate belt but he was then supposed to drop it the next night. Davey then strong armed ROH into more money and hopped on over and after that ROH talent cannot appear in Gabe's products due to contracts. At least that is how the story goes. And we know that Gabe can hold a grudge.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Thats a shame it would help out both companies probably ROH more. Indys need to stick together and help each other as much as possible.

Stopspot

Indeed. ROH and DGUSA/Evolve are the only ones with contracts like this I think. I'd like to see more Chikara guys in it from time to time as well sicne Gabe and Chikara has good relations. Even though the Swarm is running around on Evolve and DGUSA shows, just unmasked.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
I think ROH are supposed to have a working relationship with Chikara but they have not appeared on any ROH events for a while.

Stopspot

I think ROH can work with all indys apart from DGUSA and vice versa. Since both ROH and DGUSA guys appear in PWG.

Stopspot

Yup. PWG through this dispute and their own good rep and booking have found a nice niche as the super card promotion which creates dream matches.
2CW also have both ROH and some DGUSA talent on the same roster but they obviously aren't as big.

Stopspot

This is where I wish I had more time to watch stuff like this.
Again. Just PM me if you want some pointers. Dragon Gate USA's Japanese mother company (Dragon Gate) is uploaded on youtube regularly so it is quite easy to get ahold of.