• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dexter Returns

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Not that excited for this. 8 seasons of the original show more than enough. It peaked at season 4 (the best season IMO), the final 4 seasons were a really slog to get through.

The problem with Dexter even in the early seasons was that the supporting characters (bar Rita and maybe Dokes) were never as interesting as he was. But because their regulars the writers had to keep coming up with often soapy subplots for them. This meant when Dexter wasn't on screen and the focus was taken away from season arc I tended to zone out. How a character as bland as Quinn lasted most of the series I will never know :hmm:

Since its a ten episode one off I'll probably give it a watch. One thing I hope is that they bring Hannah back. She was one of the highlights of the later seasons and I love the actress.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
They really ruined most of the side characters for me in later seasons which the shitty side plots, I can't disagree with that

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I liked Angel a lot but I’m sure they ruined him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I remember him especially being written super inconsistently. Vince was still pretty good but they just went way overboard on him and made him kind of a caricature of what made him a funny character in the earlier season.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur

Man I hope this is good. Dexter is one of those shows that started out so well and totally fell off in the last season. Just sadly went on too long. Luckily I think time away is just what this character needed and Michael C. Hall looks rejuvenated.

PeepShow

Best in the World
I was skeptical of this at first, but seeing this now, I'm fully on board. Having Deb in the role his dad used to be is a really cool thing. Can't wait for this.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Anyone watched it? Currently finishing that awful S8 and I really hope this new one fixes the ending.