Desmond Wolfe Interview

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Panic Attack!

Reaction score
Source: PWInsider

The Daily Star in the UK held an interview with new TNA star Desmond Wolfe. Here's a few highlights from the man formerly known as Nigel McGuinness.

On where the new name came from:

"Everyone is asking me where I got the name from - someone said Withnail and I - but Vince (Russo) said he did an internet search of the most popular British names and came up with Desmond Wolfe!"

On getting to make his debut against Kurt Angle:

"Who gets the opportunity to come in on their first day and beat up Angle, I mean that's huge! Kurt has been great, just like everyone else - he's really open to ideas."

On whether he went to TNA because he failed a WWE medical screening:

"I had a clean bill of health from my orthopedic guy and my local doctor, so it's not about that. I don’t hold against anything against them, it was a business decision, and they (WWE) were only doing what they think is best for them."

It should be noted that Nigel/Desmond never actually says in the interview why WWE made that "business decision" to not bring him in.

Montana

Someone tell me how desmond is british??? That's kinda a surprise. But Wolfe is cool. Pretty cool debut, i was surprised. I knew he signed with TNA, but didn't realize he was actually on Impact.

Airfixx

^^^Vince has new medication it would appear. "most popular British name"??? ...That's preposterous!

LOL... Regardless, Desmond Wolfe sounds like an 80's jobber.

Cool debut for him though.