Demarcus Bishop (w/ Jabari)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
KennyKing.png
XWdjqwO.jpg

[CHARACTER INFORMATION]
Ring Name:
Bishop
Nickname(s):

[MANAGER INFORMATION]
Name:
Jabari
Picture: Next to Bishop above (on the right)
Theme (when/if he makes his own entrance):
Note:
He is at every event with Bishop but he does not always go out to the ring with him. A lot of the time he just sits in the back just in case (See CHARACTER BIOGRAPHY). I will let you know when/if Jabari is going to manage one of Bishop's matches.

Billed From: Detroit, MI
Debut: March 2016 (IWT) 2017 (CQC)
Alignment: Face
Wrestling Style(s):

- Brawler
- Technician

Twitter Username: @BishopTheOG (Not a real Twitter)

[TALENT INFORMATION]
Birth Name: Demarcus Bishop
Date of Birth: 11/02/1994
Place of Birth: Detroit, MI
Currently Residing: Detroit, MI

[PERSONALITY DESCRIPTION]
Gimmick:
For most of his life he was a ruthless gangster that had no regard for anyone but himself and his crew. Even when he debuted in IWT the crowds hated him and so did the locker room, he constantly had a target on his back. Recently though, he has turned a new leaf and while he still has that ruthless "don't give a fuck" attitude, most of what he does is for the benefit of the people he cares about. He has no filter.

(Please describe how your character thinks and behaves. Are they a narcissist or a sociopath?)

Taunt(s):
-Points a finger gun at his opponent
-Pats his chest aggressively

Catchphrase(s):
None right now.

[APPEARANCE DESCRIPTION]
Name of Your Picture Base*: Kenny King
Image of Your Picture Base*:
kennyKing.jpg

[ENTRANCE DESCRIPTION]
Entrance Theme:

Entrance actions:
*The crowd gives off a mixed reaction as the music of Demarcus Bishop blasts over the speakers. At 18 seconds of the song when the chorus kicks in, Bishop walks out onto the stage slowly with his arm in the air as he stands on top of the ramp. He pats his chest and points to the fans and he slowly walks down the ramp bobbing his head to the music. He gets to the ring and rolls under the bottom rope and walks over to one of the turnbuckles, hops up, and begins hyping up the crowd to as they mostly cheer for him. He smirks as he hops down and bounces off the ropes as he waits for his opponent/waits for the bell.*

Tag Team Entrance:
None yet.

Champion Entrance:
Same as the entrance above but he raises the title high above his head when he walks out and taunts on all four turnbuckles with the title when he gets to the ring.

[WRESTLING INFORMATION]
Basic Maneuvers:

See Kenny King/Shelton Benjamin moveset

Signature Strikes:
Running lariat
Springboard Stunner
Springboard enzuigiri
Rolling Thunder
Multiple kick/punch variations

Signature Submissions:
STF
Figure Four
Dragon Sleeper
Rear naked choke

Ground Grapples:
See Kenny King

Dive Attacks:
Diving Throwback
Diving clothesline/shoulder block
Diving spear
Diving leg drop
Diving Huricanrana

Trademark Holds:
STF
Figure Four

Finishing Move(s - please specify primary):
PRIMARY: FOH (Suplex turned into a Stunner)
OTHERS: Backstabber, Knockout Punch (with brass knuckles, hides them from the ref if the match isn't No DQ, used in desperation situations)

[PROFILE DESCRIPTION]

Character Biography*:

Demarcus Bishop grew up in Detroit his whole life in an orphanage outside the city. While in the orphanage, he met a kid named Jabari, who was a few years older than Bishop, who eventually became like a big brother to Demarcus. While in the orphanage, Jabari tried teaching Bishop everything he knew, whether that was hustling, dealing, people skills, dancing, fighting, he helped Bishop become the man he is today. When Jabari turned 18 and Bishop was 15, still with no parents, Jabari left the orphanage on his own and "adopted" Bishop, but if anyone asks, Jabari is just Bishop's big brother, not his Dad. After they both entered the real world, all they had was each other. No house, no food, nothing. So Jabari and Bishop decided to do what they knew they could excel at. They started selling drugs. To get start-up money, they may have robbed a couple people, they may have done some crimes, but eventually they got on their feet and started a nice "business". They got an apartment and they built a crew of trustworthy people and within a couple years, they were and felt like the kings of Detroit. They may have been arrested a couple times, but they always found a way out of it. They had their struggles, but they always stuck together. By the time Jabari was 25 and Bishop was 22 though, Jabari got real sick of doing what they were doing. He felt like they were destined to do more. He felt and convinced Demarcus that they could not only be the kings of Detroit, but the kings of the country. So back to square one. While still working the streets, Jabari fine tuned Bishop's skills. Tried to test his abilities. He tried to get Bishop to pursue rapping, dancing, and many other things but nothing seemed to click so Jabari went back to the basics and decided he'd dedicate his time to teaching Bishop how to fight and now how to wrestle. Bishop loved it, he was good at it, and Jabari felt the same way. Jabari still runs the streets of Detroit with his crew, but his main focus is being Bishop's financial and personal manager, and Jabari got Bishop booked at a few indy wrestling shows in Detroit. IWT was in the middle of a talent search at the time and happened to stumble into one of those shows and decided they'd take a shot and offer Bishop and Jabari a contract. Bishop's debut in 2016 on the mainstream stage was controversial, it was reckless, and it advanced Bishop's career nowhere and he ended up back on the streets towards the end of 2016. While in IWT, Jabari was nowhere to be found because Bishop wanted to do things on his own. He was mad at the world and took it out on one of IWT's top superstars. Bishop got locked in a blood feud with Jack Forté right off the bat. He's not even sure why but he hated Jack, but he did, and Jack hated him as well. They fought on and off for months until Jack put his Intercontinental Title on the line at IWT Summerslam. Bishop felt that he needed to put something on the line as well, so he put his career on the line, and ended up being defeated by his rival. Back to the streets he went, and he decided he'd do things on his own there too until Jabari found him walking late at night one cold night and demanded that Demarcus hears him out and goes to work with him again. Bishop, now 23, obliged to Jabari's request and they got right back to work to get Bishop back in the ring. Instead of just training Demarcus how to fight now, Jabari trained Bishop's mind. He changed him into a whole new man, a smarter man, a more spiritual man, and Bishop ended up changing Jabari a bit because of it. They helped each other once again. In December 2016, Jabari somehow managed to get Bishop a second chance with IWT as IWT seemed to be in a rough place and needed some talent, but the company closed down in that same month, but it wasn't back to the streets for them this time. They both worked many many indy shows to hopefully get noticed by some mainstream company and eventually in January of 2017, they were approached by CQC and immediately signed a contract for Demarcus with Jabari as his part time manager. Now, Jabari travels everywhere with Bishop. He's there at every show, every fight, he's determined to keep Bishop on the right path. Can Bishop stay level headed this time around? Can he finally win a championship and prove he belongs in the wrestling business? We'll see....

Previous Experience (If any):
Worked for IWT most of 2016, had a 5 STAR match with Jack Forté, has been training to be a wrestler for years, hoping to accomplish his goals in CQC.

Title History (If any):
None yet

Injury History (If any):
None

[HANDLER INFORMATION]
Name: DK JAMES
Experience: Been e-fedding for a lonnnnnnngggggggggggggg time
Preferred Method of Contact: Either on here or Twitter

Have you read and do you understand the WrestlingSmarks Rules and Regulations?:
Fuck yea

Last edited:

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
WILL FINISH THIS TOMORROW. Just wanted to get it up for now. You can delete the Cena ripoff signup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Kenny King, all right, all right. I feel you.

Reactions: DK JAMES

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Thought he died on his air plane to UW headquarters.

Dojo

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Alright this has been updated and finished with manager info and a full character bio (@Rogue you should peep, got some shit bout our rivalry).

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Nice signup, diggging the character and I like his bio, very well detailed. Also, dope theme songs for both Jabari and Bishop.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Nice signup, diggging the character and I like his bio, very well detailed. Also, dope theme songs for both Jabari and Bishop.
Thanks my man. One of my favorite characters i've ever played, gonna have some fun with it here. First time being full blown Face.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Thanks my man. One of my favorite characters i've ever played, gonna have some fun with it here. First time being full blown Face.
With how much care you put into this application I can tell. We're going have a blast telling his story in CQC.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I also love the fact he's going to be a full on babyface. They're rare in feds, but needed to tell proper stories.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
I also love the fact he's going to be a full on babyface. They're rare in feds, but needed to tell proper stories.
Hell yes man. When I first started using him last year i thought there was no way he'd ever be a face, he was a full blown thug and i enjoyed doing it that way. But once I introduced Jabari and created a whole backstory, and after i put his career on the line and lost, being a face with him came easy to me and now i can really go either way if i wanted to so that's nice. Definite face for now though.

But much love, glad y'all enjoy the character and everything. Can't wait to get started.