• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Definitions of RAW

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
FUBAR is but one of many different acronyms for a wide variety of things. I thought we might indulge ourselves and consider what RAW stands for.

I personally think it is...

Raging
Ambitions
Warriors

And you?

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Retire
Another
Wrestler

A prediction for 2020, because by then, the weekly show could come to that, with all the old farts still hanging about.

Tyler2

Abap
Well in 1993 I think it was
Real
American
Wrestling
They had the red, white and blue ropes if I remember correctly from the network I was barely a year old when Raw came out and didn't even like wrestling until 2004. I know around the New Generation and Attitude Era it became more of sexual innuendo with Sunny saying I like it Raw (yuck) and over time just basically more a way of saying it's real, live and you get it as it comes. I will say even though the PG era was actually pretty good near the beginning. Raw stopped being Raw when they changed the ropes and used a more flashy set around 2006-2010

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
This is one of those abbreviations that no-one knows the meaning of, but at the same time doesn’t care.