Dear America, Please Learn.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PY.

Reaction score
It's hilarious how tight people get over a language.. Funny stuff.

I speak it the way I was taught, and spell things the same way. Don't care what's proper and what's not.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
You seem like quite the rebel PY.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I type better than most of the people on the entire internet so I can't be grouped with this nonsense.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
seems more like the type that just doesn't care what you say, how you say, or how people look on you based on what you say. I mean yeah I get that you shouldn't let people influence how you are and blah blah black sheep... but sometimes you gotta watch what you say.

PY.

Reaction score
I honestly don't plan on leaving the States unless it's for vacation, and another English speaking country so I think I'll survive speaking slang like I've done my whole life. More and more people are straying away from the 'proper' way of speaking, writing, typing etc.. And really, I don't think it'll have any effect on my every day life.

Ryan

Reaction score
I know. I LOL whenever I mention someone's a twat and you all gasp in shock. But it's kind of mild here.

Cunt is indeed a bit stronger than the others, but I don't think douchebag and prick are particularly strong insults in the US either, are they? And they are not used all that much over here anyway.

Prick and douchebag are pretty common here, but I still wouldn't walk up to my boss and greet him with either word. You can throw cunt around as long as you aren't throwing it at a girl cause there's a 95%-100% chance she will not appreciate that. I don't really hear people use Twat much.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Soccer argument is lulzy.... It's 90% of the foreign players who can't take a hit.

I play indoors football (hate calling it soccer), and that is brutal as fuck, seen more people take hits and slammed into the barricades, more like Ice Hockey than actual football you see on your TV every week, certainly more brutal than American Football.

2 weeks ago I got KO'd in the first half and play the entire second half with a really light head and the room was spinning. Last week, I broke my thumb in the first half and managed to play the entire match pretty much one handed and still won... American's would no doubt call a time out, no rest breaks indoors football, only half changes... 40 minutes of solid 4v4 action, certainly need really good fitness.

And yeah, as for the language... We got most of our language from Latin and some celtic/norse influence, but the American's gained our language when we colonized it... Then they try to break out by changing it and gaining silly accents, where they CANNOT pronounce stuff properly. Drop the silly accents and you might stand a chance of talking the English language correctly.

Sam

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
As a Scotsman, I put up with being told by English people that I should speak more proper English.

I see the Americanisation of the English langauge as nothing to fret about, it's a dialect, bound to happen anywhere, especially with the amount of different people that made up America. Even in it's early years you had English, Scottish, Irish, German, Italian and so on, bound to effect any language.

Plus, I've been to some places in England where the English is worse than it is in America, see - Newcastle.

Oh, and we've butchered it to a point as well, so David Mitchell can take his wee poncy English middle-class etonian rants and shove them up his own arse because not everyone talks like they walked out of a period drama. Prick.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler