• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dean Ambrose

Deezy

DZ PZ
This is the totally bizarro world of the IWC, it doesn't have this thing called patience. Where you slowly but surely push a guy to mainevent status, not on these forums it would seem. It's either mainevent today and backlash tomorrow, atleast this is what I see on forums alot.

Act like it didn't take Austin 2 fulls years in WWF to get the ball to run with. Took Rock the same time, took Cena the same time, took Punk atleast two years before he got an actual run with a WWE title.

Shit takes time, or you alienate fans and make the people who are taking longer look feeble in comparison.

DashX

I think WWE is waiting for Linda's campaign to be over so they can fire a lot of people and make room for Dean Ambrose. Hopefully when he does debut he gets pushed big time.

Rated R Superstar

This is the totally bizarro world of the IWC, it doesn't have this thing called patience. Where you slowly but surely push a guy to mainevent status, not on these forums it would seem. It's either mainevent today and backlash tomorrow, atleast this is what I see on forums alot.

Act like it didn't take Austin 2 fulls years in WWF to get the ball to run with. Took Rock the same time, took Cena the same time, took Punk atleast two years before he got an actual run with a WWE title.

Shit takes time, or you alienate fans and make the people who are taking longer look feeble in comparison.

Wasn't Sheamus pushed to the moon not that much longer after he started with the company?

Dale

Super Moderator
He was, which is why he pretty much failed and they ran out of shit with him and he fell down to midcard status holding the US Title and KOTR. Wasn't till he post MITB 2011 where he started to become hot shit and get the proper push.

Rated R Superstar

Yeah I guess, although his first initial push was good enough they could have kept on going.

Dean Ambrose if given the right person to feud with could prove to be a valuable player in WWE. Would be kind of awesome to see him in/feud with Encore. Depending if he comes in as face or heel.

TKK

I don't get what would be so wrong with him starting out against somebody that already is established such as Orton, Christian or Mysterio? I'm not saying that he should be put in there with CM Punk after four weeks on the roster, but make him stand out from the rest somehow. If you're trying to have him make an impact why feed him jobbers for six weeks? He's not supposed to be built like Ryback, if he has the talent to make it work straight from the start why should he go through the routine of beating local indy schmucks? If you're a built up meathead with no other way of getting over then that's fine, but Dean Ambrose isn't built up time travelling cyborg meathead in an RVD singlet.

Ambrose shines best with a microphone and without anything to build off of him his mic skills are neutralized. Seeing someone with Ambrose's persona squash jobbers isn't interesting. He's nothing impressive on the outside and until he shows off his bat shit crazy he remains unimpressive. Give him a microphone and five minutes on air and that will all change. It would be breath of fresh air to see somebody come in and actually make in impact and if anybody can make it work, it's Dean Ambrose.

The Cork

Banned
Ryback is over, Ambrose isn't, that's why the pecking order is how it is.

Plus I'd rather watch a short power-based match than an Ambrose technical turdfest.

TKK

Ryback is over, Ambrose isn't, that's why the pecking order is how it is.

Plus I'd rather watch a short power-based match than an Ambrose technical turdfest.

He's been over for like a week and it's because he squashed the Intercontinental Champion and made the WWE champion shit himself on the same night. No one gave a flying fuck about him (bar you) until last Monday. That proves my point.

Technical turdfest? Please tell me the Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley matches that you've watched if you have watched any. I'd take a Ambrose match over a Rybotch squash.

Dean Ambrose is going to be $$$$ when he debuts. His time will come.

Like Sandow, I see him bypassing that NXT bullshit and going straight to main roster from these house shows.

Yeah I guess, although his first initial push was good enough they could have kept on going.

Dean Ambrose if given the right person to feud with could prove to be a valuable player in WWE. Would be kind of awesome to see him in/feud with Encore. Depending if he comes in as face or heel.

I'd rather keep him away from the JOB SQUAD, dude.

Dale

Super Moderator
Might aswell feud with local jobbers, they're about as credible as The Encore is.

The New F'n Show

I have been to a lot of Indy shows (50+) in the last 4 years and I will tell you there are only two guys I saw that SCREAMED future star to me. Moxley, at the time, Ambrose now, was one of those two. He has all the tools and the mic skills as well. But much like they are doing with Sandow, I think he needs to make his way up the card. People who want to throw him in the Main Event aren't real fans because he'd flame out and be canned within a year. A real fan wouldn't want that.

P.S. Elgin was the other one.