Davey Richards Parts Ways With ROH

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
6c4ab8db88069dfb6300e404041ac701.png

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
Holy shit. He wont go to Japan, now he won't even be on Final Battle. I think it's safe to say that even his PWG match on Dec. 20th is also in question, eh?

Davey is WWE bound, congrats to guy.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Damn, didn't expect that. NXT hopefully.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
The word making the rounds is that Davey Richards issued his announcement that he was done with Ring of Honor last night after being informed he was no longer booked by ROH for the 12/14 Final Battle event. How the company intended to announce that Richards was removed I have not confirmed as of this writing, but the belief among the wrestlers I've spoken to is that he made his farewell statement on his own, not as part of a planned ROH angle.

PWInsider.com has also learned that Richards was actually unbooked (one person used the term "fired") from the last set of ROH shows in Ohio and Michigan after the company was upset about comments he made in Great Britain's Total Wrestling Magazine about the company and how the ROH titles were not as important as they were once portrayed.

Richards was able to get himself back on the dates somehow and from speaking to several ROH talents today, I am told he made it a point to claim in front of the locker room that his comments in the magazine were incorrect and taken out of context.

We have also heard that Richards had been unhappy with plans for his final appearance at the Final Battle event, which may have been a factor in ROH removing him from the show. It stands to reason that if he was in the company doghouse and looked to be leaving, they would distance themselves before having a headache when it came to his last officially scheduled date with the promotion.

From speaking to a number of people, Richards' tryout in WWE with NXT had no bearing on the situation.

Richards' partner, Eddie Edwards is still scheduled for the 12/14 Final Battle event at the Hammerstein Ballroom.

PWinsider.

So Davey possibly Low Key'ing

Stopspot

Reaction score
And the quotes from the magazine in question:

The key quotes were, when asked if ROH changing the tag titles on three shows helped the tag team division, and he said, “Nah, those belts don’t mean nothing anymore, anyway.”

When asked about the iPPV issues, he said, “I don’t care. It doesn’t bother me. If they can’t get their crap together, that’s their problem. I just worry about showing up, doing my job in the ring, an they can do whatever they want with that stuff. It’s their deal.”

When asked about the ROH singles title, he said, “In my opinion, that title has been devalued vastly for the last few years. The booking of it has been really substandard and screwy. It helps guys get bookings when they’re holding it, but it’s kind of a death touch because you work hard to get it, and then it’s like you realize how screwy things become. And how the booking is so screwy with it, it’s just like a piece of metal, unfortunately. It has a rich history. I mean, look at the guys who have held it. Most of them have been very deserving in my opinion.”

Stopspot

Reaction score
Davey Richards sent the following statement to ProWrestlingSCOOPS.com earlier tonight:

I guess I could be pretty upset about ROH pulling my farewell match.

A company I’ve given literally everything in my body for time and time again, driven crazy amounts of hours to save the company money on flights, worked for reduced pay offs when the houses were down, ect.

It’s wild man, it’s such a different place now than when I started- not saying better of worse- just different.

So here we are- at the end of the road. I gotta be honest- though it’s pretty crappy to me and the fans to not get a fare well match I really can’t be anything but thankful for my time spent in that ring.

Truth is, ROH fans have been the only family I’ve had for the past 6 years.

What you saw is what you got with me. For better or for worse I bore my soul to you all. You All were there during the worst days when my grandparents died unexpectantly, my divorce, my home being taken. You didn’t even know it but you all saved me. That ring was my therapy.

Sometimes people have good days, sometimes very bad ones, sometimes they do things they’re very proud of, sometime they make mistakes and do things they’re regretful of. Noones perfect and I’ve been though all of those moments right in front of the ROH fanbase.

I recovered, grew, learned, matured in that ring. I want so bad to kiss it goodbye bc it was the only familiar thing I knew for so long.

But I can walk away. I’m ok. If for no other reason that I know is from day one to my last match I gave you all 100% of everything I had in my body and heart. You always hear people say, ” leave it all in the ring”. Well I can honestly say I did that. So in that I have closure.

Wether you like me or hate me I’ve always been honest ( often times perhaps too honest). But that’s me. I don’t believe in lying to people I consider family- and like it or not I considered y’all family.

ROH wanted to tell you all I was injured for Final battle.

Yes my neck is banged up, but I could have been there and wrestled by then. I didn’t want y’all being fed lies so I took the Initiative to tell you the truth. We just disagree on things. I have my opinion on things as do they. It’s just time to go our Seperate ways.

I don’t wanna slander anyone or speak badly of anyone.

Instead of thinking about this situation I’d rather think that I got to see one of my best friends go from an illegal immigrant barely getting on a preshow to a main eventer, I got to see a guy everyone wondered why I chose to tag with become far better than ill ever be, I got to share the ring with the guys I looked up to starting out, I got to see the new crop of amazing athletes come into they’re own.

I got to find a reason to live when I had none.

You all gave me so many good time and great memories ( hello colt
7ffb2766794913492e6a255b8dcfcc7e.gif
) that I can only hope I gave you all some.

There was an aura, a surreal felling that company once had that I hope they find again.
ROH is about heart. I hope they find theirs again.

Please continue to watch them, support them, go to the shows bc the guys in that locker room and in that ring have more desire, heart, and dedication than can be measured.

Thank you all for everything, hope to see you all somewhere else down the road. But if not, you all meant the world me and I am forever in debt.

Wesley Richards

Reactions: THG?

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
Funny how he claims to never lie, and rumor is that half the ROH lockeroom considers him the liar (some even patological liar).

Good riddance Davey, sometimes I enjoyed your matches, but most of the times I didn't. Hope you make it somewhere else.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Funny how he claims to never lie, and rumor is that half the ROH lockeroom considers him the liar (some even patological liar).

Good riddance Davey, sometimes I enjoyed your matches, but most of the times I didn't. Hope you make it somewhere else.
quote/link DR Meltzify?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Gabe's reaction to Davey was gold. Some fan asked him on twitter that if Davey's WWE deal didn't work out if Gabe would book him. Gabe's answer:

"The question is, would Davey show up?"