Dave Batista is becoming a legitimate MMA Fighter

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
[yt]HQgrH72VEIc[/yt]
He says that he didn't like the direction the WWE was going and he is taken MMA real serious as he does not have much time left.

imo He's too old and his cardio in WWE was terrible. He seems confident, I'll believe in him and see what's new with Batista

Reaction score
I don't see why he has to put his body through more physical activity but okay. If I was him I would try to land some acting roles.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
His huge muscle mass is going to mean horrible cardio. He has no wrestling nor Ju Jitsu experience and hes goona be learning everything at the age of 40, hes goona get raped.

Airfixx

Reaction score
It's a shame he'll have to work his way up to a degree.... I'd love to see him debut against Brock or another top heavyweight and get utterly humiliated, the big deluded doofus that he is!

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
^^^

Now that would be something I'd like to see.

Btw, why is this in the WWE section? Has nothing to do with WWE at all.

Reaction score
Please give me Alistair Overeem vs. Batista. The dude had two left feet as a wrestler, I just don't see this as happening.

pumpt73

Reaction score
My take on this whole situation from Day 1 has been this: don't judge until we see him fight. And that should go for anyone who steps into a cage/ring. By no means am I saying Dave will go out and set the MMA world on fire, but then again, MMA is also pretty unpredictable. His age is a factor. He's what??? 41 right now??? He's got a lot of learning to do. Also, I can't remember where I had found it, but I did read that he has amateur wrestling behind him as he wrestled in high school. Nothing special, but he does have a little wrestling there to work from. If he dedicates himself and promoters put him in fights that he can win, he can generate gate money. Again, I just like to give fighters the benefit of the doubt before I see any action from them. I hope he does well. It takes balls to step into that sport, especially at that age. You never know, he could be a natural. Time will tell.