• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C4

When I was a kid, everyone was dependent on Floppy Disks and CD's (which were quite expensive in those days) Just recently, I went searching for a Floppy Disk and found out that 90% of the local shops don't have the 'old' technology available, also noticed how my new PC didn't have a Floppy Disk Drive either. As time passes, the newer technology becomes easier to use, cheaper and mainstream and so we've completely forgotten about the old technology which had started the revolution.

Today for general 'everyday' use, I have Flash Disks (USB's) and CD's/DVD's; nothing more other than that. I would love to have a portable Hard Drive but I don't really need that much of space for storage.

As for what I store in these drives, I always keep handy things in there like Photoshop CS3 (which will always be there in my Flash Disk), WinRar, Quicktime, songs, codecs, drivers for my laptop, College Documents, Assignments and Presentations and a shitload of crap + some trojans... lol.

So, how do you store your data? And what do you store in there? Is the newer technology more reliable and safer than the older technology?

Wrestling Station

Well, I download alot of Japanese anime series and movies (mostly Samurai/ Ninja related stories), and other media as well. So I think the portable/external hard disk is the best (I just got the 2TB [trillions] disk space so im more than happy and can story thousands of media no worries).

Kibondo

Reaction score
I personally have a 1TB external drive where I back up everything I make; my graphics and my photographic art mostly, but also websites and other stuff I don't wanna lose. I also have a lot of hard drive space on my computer, 1,9TB to be exact, so I store all my music, games, DVD rips and other data on there. Music, I can always download over again, but my artwork is too important to me to leave to chance.

btman

Reaction score
I have an 8GB flash drive which I store movies on to watch on my PS3. I don't backup my data because I'm confident enough I won't lose it or screw it up.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
I found a store here were they have some stocks of small multi-colored 3 1/2 floppy disks. I use USB's, Bluetooth and sometimes a memory stick lol....

Reaction score
Bluetooth isnt actually a storage media but a method of transfer.

But I use a 2GB and 4GB flash drive. I also use my iPod, SD cards, my phone. I have to store my CAD Drawings for school so my 4GB is dedicated to that. But for movies or music or other files I just store them to my 160GB iPod underneath apples software and transport it that way.

I was also gonna say that you remember the 3.5" Floppys. I remember the fuckin 5.5" floppys in the OLD ass macs with green screens and shit. Where you slid this disc and it was black and almost paper like with the data plastic thing in the middle into the drive and you had to click the little handle down and you played like math blaster or whatever on it. I was in 2nd grade with that shit and we didnt have a computer at my house until I was in like 5th grade and it was Windows 3.1. Crazy ass shit back in those days.