Daniel Bryan

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PaulDB

Reaction score
Bryan is a huge get. Hope it's true.
Yes, let's. Since 2014, I've been hoping he'd continue his wrestling career elsewhere. It started off being his best and worst year. He was crowned world champion, but he and his fiancée and soon to be wife, were picked on by cowards whose meanness obviously stemmed from private school and kindergarten fees for their daughters and a failure to realize that these two fine people should've been allowed to enjoy their new lives together in their jobs instead of having them be a plaything to entertain people at Bryan and Brianna's expense.

Finally, Daniel Bryan can gtfo of a place that made him a victim and then later a good heel, which didn't last long enough to make up for all the bs they put him through earlier.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
After the last episode of Dynamite, id say its basicly all but confirmed at this point that CM Punk is AEW bound.

They werent even trying to be vague about it, when they shown the august 20th show being in Chicago, the fans chanted CM PUNK, and they ZOOMED IN on said fans chanting it, and there were atleast 2 promos that strongly referenced punk very obviously.

You dont get more confirmed then that, besides ofcourse him actually showing up, which, lets be honest, is happening.
Sounds crazy, but still it could just be them playing with fans and leading them down the path they want them to. Expect CM Punk, get someone else.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Sounds crazy, but still it could just be them playing with fans and leading them down the path they want them to. Expect CM Punk, get someone else.
if this was WWE, that would be a very likely scenario. But thus far AEW has never intentional misslead fans, espacially in anyway that they knew would get a significant amount fo backlash, that isnt what they do. Weither you like the product or not, thats something they do not try to do in any way, if anything they try to give people what they want, or what they think they want. Which is alot more then can be said for WWE, or spends their time not giving fans what they want, and even promoteing matches that dont even happen.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
if this was WWE, that would be a very likely scenario. But thus far AEW has never intentional misslead fans, espacially in anyway that they knew would get a significant amount fo backlash, that isnt what they do. Weither you like the product or not, thats something they do not try to do in any way, if anything they try to give people what they want, or what they think they want. Which is alot more then can be said for WWE, or spends their time not giving fans what they want, and even promoteing matches that dont even happen.
I don't think swerves based on popular internet rumors is some bad will project. Besides, I'm pretty sure CM Punk has been teased or heavily rumored every time they come to Chicago.

PaulDB

Reaction score
I don't think swerves based on popular internet rumors is some bad will project. Besides, I'm pretty sure CM Punk has been teased or heavily rumored every time they come to Chicago.
If CM Punk is honest, he won't go back to WWE. Let's look at what's going for him. He's got charisma, he's genuine and he's a realist. AEW would be blessed if he joined their roster.

Ps. Let's not forget who CM Punk is married to: a cerebral woman who knows how to enjoy life both physically and intellectually, who wrote a book that still touches the hearts and minds of millions around the world.

All that being said, CM Punk should really come aboard the AEW train.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Is his wife Jesus Christ

Crash

Reaction score
I think Bryan fits with AEW a lot more than CM Punk,

Reactions: PaulDB

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Normaly id agree, but this isnt just popular internet rumors, this is CM Punk we are talking about, with a respectable amount of credible scources all saying hes signed, or that its a done deal, and then them booking an extra chicago show, and doing all of this stuff. The only real teasing thats happened has always been the fans doing specificly, never them going out of their way to tease it.

Swerveing would definately be a bad idea, and with this much hype and excitement, they would be crazy to swerve it and not have him appear, or atleast do soemthing.

Besides, that kind of swerve is not something AEW would do anyway, espacially not if its someone like punk, one of argueably the msot populer wrestlers in the industry, someone fans have been begging to come back.

And if he doesnt show up at all, or is even hinted at on said show, then its a huge missplay on their part, but again, i dont see that as a mistake AEW would make.

PaulDB

Reaction score
Well, so it was speculated, so it has come to pass. Bryan has signed with AEW. He's found a new purpose and a better audience to entertain. No longer does he have to put up with cowards or temporary heel turns. Bryan is in good territory now, surrounded by more trustworthy veterans and exciting new faces.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Well, so it was speculated, so it has come to pass. Bryan has signed with AEW. He's found a new purpose and a better audience to entertain. No longer does he have to put up with cowards or temporary heel turns. Bryan is in good territory now, surrounded by more trustworthy veterans and exciting new faces.
Yeah, but how long is his fandom going to remain? For his debut, he botched his jump kicks. Here is the raw video of his debut... I was recommended the video on YT...

And his promo...