Daniel Bryan -The Strongest Link?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Over the past few weeks Daniel Bryan has been simply phenomenal. He has taken his character to the next level with this weakest link gimmick and continues to back it up every time he steps into the ring. His breakdown and beatdown of The Shield on Smackdown last week was great to watch and it is so good seeing him pull double duty on RAW frequently. His match against Ryback last week just showed how good he is. He is someone that gets a reaction out of everything and the crowd are so into him right now. WWE need to capitalise on this and move him back up the card once he finishes with The Shield and once his split with Kane occurs. How good would it be to see Ziggler and Bryan for the World title. He is consistently the highlight of the show and has gone from strength to strength. I would argue that lately he hasn't just been the strongest link in Hell No but the strongest link in WWE.

Your thoughts on Bryan's past month or so? Who would you like to see him feud with next after his business with The Shield is over with?

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
The way he's been booked recently + the way he carries himself + his inring skills + how over he is, is creating the perfect storm. WWE simply HAVE to capitalize on how hot he is right now, otherwise it'll be their biggest blunder in years if they just feed him to Cena.

He's better right now than Punk ever was and is the must see guy in the WWE right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Reaction score
Daniel Bryan has been booked superbly and has carried himself tremendously well, he does a lot of things CM Punk doesn't but more importantly; Daniel Bryan looks legit (not talking about the actual physique here) but the way he took out the shield, the way he flipped out and the way he wrestles is amazing and always has been. Under appreciated by people who prefer big guys and RoH wank over him too hard but he is the second best full-time wrestler in the company behind Cena.

I think this is his break and I can't see Daniel Bryan becoming boring like Punk did or fail to capitalize on it. I've been following Bryan along with the Shield and it's been great.

If WWE keep booking Bryan to look like he can handle himself like he has been, then there is no reason not to see him as a legitimate title challenger to Cena/Ryback and he cuts the promos to back it up, so it's alll gooood.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah, pretty much what everyone else has said. Bryan's been FUCKING awesome the last Raw and especially on Smackdown and holy shit at the crowd's reaction towards him. Yeah, that vanilla midget will never get over :hm:

Reaction score
Yeah, pretty much what everyone else has said. Bryan's been FUCKING awesome the last Raw and especially on Smackdown and holy shit at the crowd's reaction towards him. Yeah, that vanilla midget will never get over :hm:

It's the true... Damn Vanilla Midgets like Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio & Chris Benoit never got over... inb4Cork

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He shouldn't be near the meaningful titles but let him challenge for the Smackdown belt by all means, nobody watches the show so it won't do any harm.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
WWE really should try and capitalize on this and make him the main focus in the main event scene this Summer. He's super over, carries himself extremely well, and has shown great intensity about him over the past couple of weeks.

There's simply no one else in the WWE right now who's on as good a roll as Bryan.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Aside from the part-time legends and CM Punk and John Cena, he's unquestionably the most-over talent on the roster. There's no denying he's due for a WWE Championship reign. Actually over-due if you ask me. I think Team Hell No has run it's course.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Bryan beating Cena clean would be the real over coming the odds story . The guy was fired twice , told he would never make it in wwe , put through that horrendous NXT season , was buried on commentary by Cole , Humiliated at wrestlemania with the whole 18 seconds farce and He's still become one ofthe most popular and entertaining guy's on the Roster .

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Knew I would see a post or two finding the need to down Punk to prop Bryan up lol. Not even necessary.

Anyways not sure where they are ultimately gonna go with this story but it is so far so good. Guy seems to be getting more and more over by the week and is on fire in the ring right now having some exciting matches. Hoping in the end he gets rewarded with a good pay off and they just don't end up wasting what can be a big run for him.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Just watched a full Raw for the first time in a few weeks and holy crap, Daniel Bryan is on fire. He's fun in the ring, fine on the mic and crowds love him, easily a future WWE Title contender.

However, I'm wondering if maybe Bryan's awesome performance was just incidental, while the aim of the angle going on around it is to plant seeds for Team Hell No's inevitable split. That's what it just screamed to me. I'd love to see how far Bryan can go as a babyface and in this case I hope he splits from Kane soon without turning heel, but once that happens there's plenty of open doors for a push.

If Ryback wins at Payback Bryan could easily be inserted into the title mix, fued with heel Kane or Curtis Axel. Maybe even CM Punk with the tables turned and Punk puts Bryan over. Alternatively, if Bryan were to turn heel he could fued with Kane (c'mon, there's enough history between them to give this fued some real weight), challenge Cena for the title or get the Jericho rub.

Daniel Bryan is one hot potato, Vince could only overlook him right now if he were blind, deaf and senile.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I already said on last week's Smackdown! thread that Daniel Bryan is the best performer in the entire business right now. I still think Punk is better for a great match up front, but Bryan's, especially with Punk out, has stepped out in the most amazing way.

*Sidebar* ...Punk didn't become boring, WWE got lazy and ruined Punk's entire setup.

But back to Bryan, he's over. He's so over. He got, literally, the loudest pop I had heard on Smackdown! last week since, maybe, Lesnar's initial run with the company when it was difficult to NOT get hype over Brock. Daniel Bryan turned the most boring crowd in televised American pro wrestling and made them pop, regardless of where they were geographically.

The guy found a way to make "Yes!" the most over catchphrase/chant in the business, and he had an awesome psychological contrast with the "No!" chants. Back to the "Yes!" chants with his belief that he's not the weakest link, again, psychologically brilliant. Bryan may actually have the best endurance in the entire business as well. His entire beatdown of the Shield on Smackdown! AND Raw were so energy-packed and fast-paced.

Again, I don't want to compare he and Punk. Punk was given an opportunity that Bryan wasn't given, so it's not fair to judge based on that. But also, as I said, Punk's push was actually pulled back by the E, which killed his momentum. Bryan hasn't been given that kind of push yet.

As far as his next feud, I'm hoping it is with Randy Orton. For those of you who have read the Smackdown! spoilers already, I hope it's with Bryan being a fan-favorite and leading into a possible feud for the title with Ryback.

Reaction score
[video=youtube_share;eCVPvJYyKJA]http://youtu.be/eCVPvJYyKJA[/video]

Have him use these as his finisher for FFS... Would totally be worth it if they want to make him on the level of Chris Benoit in asskickery.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Daniel Bryan should do an homage to HBK and do his own "Sexy Boy" gimmick with the beard and everything, lmfao