daniel bryan loosing in 16 secs at wrestlemania - genius idea or plain stupidity?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I thought it was good. People moaning all the time everything is too predictable. No one saw this coming.. Sh*t happens

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
To me, it was neither. I don't see how they could have known or wanted Bryan to get more over by losing his world title match AS A HEEL in eighteen seconds to a guy who they were pushing as the #2 baby face of the company and possible successor to Cena's throne, but I don't think Bryan walking right into Sheamus' finisher was him being buried either. All and all, I think it would have been better to do the quick finish in the IC Title match between Big Show and Cody Rhodes. The whole angle there was Rhodes mocking Show for his failure and bad luck in never winning a singles match at Wrestlemania and so he finally wins one by defeating Rhodes in mere seconds (record time, possibly) by knocking him the fuck out with the Knockout Punch right away, maybe before the bell even rings. Of course, people would have just complained that Rhodes was somehow being 'buried' but it still would have made more sense in the context of that story line. But I realize they were trying to give Sheamus a Wrestlemania moment and while I don't think they quite accomplished doing so, I got over being annoyed by the finish pretty quickly. We ended up getting a great match out of them the next month anyway.

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
it was a crazy idea, dunno what they were smoking when they came up with that, but fortunateky it seems to have done no harm to his long term career anyway

Stupid idiotic idea, Gladly we got a great match at Extreme Rules to make up for it kinda.

Who is Shumus?

Shoe Mouse ?

cute-mouse-in-shoe.jpg

Reactions: Shadie T

Chaz

The Artiste
Reaction score
It was a stupid move. It could've turned out as a really greata match, whichh they both proofed at Extreme Ruless they could deliver. The stupitidy was followed up by luck though, but I still think it'd be better to let them actually have a match. I mean people were looking out to the match but all they got was a brogue kick. It was a positive thing though since she became much more relevant after WM & the break-up.