• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dana White says no chance Ronda Rousey returns to UFC

Chris

Dreams are Endless
635740788568579444-smg-20150801-ads-db3-52-2-.webp

The rumors that Ronda Rousey might be returning to fight at UFC 300 were shot down over the weekend.

Asked by Sports Illustrated's Justin Barrasso after Saturday's UFC 292 about the possibility of the former women's bantamweight star returning for another fight, UFC president Dana White said, “There’s no shot. She’s accomplished everything she set out to do.”

Rousey, who is currently on a hiatus from WWE following her loss to Shayna Baszler at SummerSlam, hasn't fought since a 48-second loss to Amanda Nunes at December 2016's UFC 207.

After racking up a 12-0 record and becoming a pop culture phenomenon in the process, Rousey ended her career with KO/TKO losses to Holly Holm (November 2015) and then Nunes.

The UFC Hall of Famer eventually transitioned to WWE full-time, winning both the Raw Women's title, the SmackDown Women's title, and the Women's Tag Team titles with Baszler in her run there.

Rousey said earlier this month that she had "no reason to stay" in WWE after her loss to Baszler.

From White:

“Her dream was to win a UFC championship, then win a WWE championship, and she’s done it,” says White. “Now she’s starting a family. Ronda has made so much money, and she’s still making a lot of money in sponsorships.”

Cwalker

I actually think the sport has passed her by.

She’d draw but I don’t think she’d ever be a Champion again.