Damacio Page's promise falls flat

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
fightline.com said:
Damacio Page saw his UFC dream end following three straight losses for them. That release was in July 2012 and Page vowed to return to the UFC within the year. Two months shy of that promise and Page hasn't seen any action since being released and blames it on his former manager.

"My projected goal was to fight three or four times and be back in the UFC by July," said Page to MMA Junkie. "My ex-manager didn't live up to my expectations and I had to take matters into my own hands. I let him go, and I actually went and negotiated my own contracts. I made a deal on my own because I wanted to fight."

Following a 3-2 run out of the WEC, Page joined the UFC. He was submitted by Brian Bowles, Brad Pickett and Alex Caceres, with each fight not going past the second round.

He meets Patrick Ybarra in his return to the sport at Legacy FC 20.

The event comes from the American Bank Center in Corpus Christi, TX. It's May 31 and can be seen on AXS TV.

Damacio Page actually has a lot of potential as a fighter, but he really needs to work on his submission defense considering his last four fights have ended with him getting choked out somehow.

Hate

Reaction score
All his fights are exciting, hope he makes it back to the UFC.