Current WWE Storylines

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Beer

So, I think the current set of WWE Story lines is good, but all you ever see and hear about is the main story's. You have Taker/JBL/HBK. You have Legacy/McMahons. And you have Edge/Cena, which is repetitive, but meh, it's be a good match. And finally our first minor story line, Dreamer/Swagger/Christian. What else do the WWE have going into WM?

Rey and Mike Knox? There's no chance they will show that at WM.
The MITB match has not been mentioned once.
The Chris Jericho thing is all over the place. At this rate we will get Jericho vs. Every single Legend. Although all I can see is a huge promo with Jericho and Stone Cold.

So what other story's can you see happening going into WM?

seX-Power

I see Orton w/ Legacy vs HHH w/ McMahons, Edge vs Cena, HBK vs Taker, Swagger vs Christian, Hardy vs Hardy and Jericho vs SCSA.

Well that was obvious :rolleyes:

CT Styles

I don't know whether they'll do that as it's a current problem and you can't prove that it's going to be a longterm problem (the tag team scene) so I think it would be a big chance to take unifying them. What do they do when there is a tag team scene in the future? Un-unify them?

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
I'm looking forward to Wrestlemania, there should be some great matches.

Airfixx

@ CT [above]^^^The tag scene has been wafer thin ever since the brand split... 3/4 teams per show just isn't enough to have a healthy scene. The only thing that distracted us from it's sorry ass for so long was they had some awesome workers (Benoit, Eddie, Chavo, Edge, Rey, Angle at times... ) on SD turning out sick 3-ways and elimination matches on a regular basis and Raw later receiving a bit of a boost from MnM, The return of The Hardy's & Lon-Drick.

If you only have 6 or 7 teams on the roster, I can't envisage a need to ever have more than one set of belts.

Hell they could even ditch some crap like Zeke/Kendrick, Hawkins/Ryder and such and work on the development of the so-called proper teams that have a collective identity.

plachi

Banned
Reaction score
Let's face it , there's two good tag teams in the entire company and thats Miz & Morrisson and Primo & Carlito. The fact that they've had those two teams feuding for a while now suggests to me that a unification could be very likely.

Enigma22

Reaction score
i doubt there will be a unification at wrestlemania because if there is a money in the bank match, im sure miz or morrison or carlito or maybe primo will be in it. probably a few of them will be in it actually so they wont be able to have a tag team match. they could unify them another time tho i guess. i doubt it will be at mania tho.

plachi

Banned
Reaction score
Good point actually, Morisson was phenomenal in MITB last year.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
If there is a unification match for the tag titles it would be after Mania. Morrison and Carlito (maybe Primo) will be in MITB and they could compete the following RAW with two other teams, making it a four way. And I believe after WM 19, TLC w/ Dudleys, Hardy's & EC, competed the following Raw too.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Morrison and Miz, and Carlito & Primo could lose their belts prior to WrestleMania.

And what is all this talk about un-unifying the tag team belts? Just bring another belt in once you unify them, or have the champions defend both sets of belts on both shows for a couple months (as would happen in any other sport). You can do a lot with unifications, and you can easily break that trend (see unified heavyweight championship).

And what's all this talk about Stone Cold & Jericho? I still (other than here) haven't heard a single rumor about those two fighting at WrestleMania, although it is starting to look like it's leading that way. I just simply don't see it.

noumenon

The tag titles need to be unified at this point to save the division. The teams are spread too thinly and unevenly amongst the brands. Miz and Morrison are on every fuckin show anyway, so why have two sets of titles?

As crazy as it is, I think a lot of Mania plans are hanging around what Jericho will be doing this year.

Emeritus

Reaction score
hmm i do think Big Show will be part of wrestlemania 25, he normally has a fight or so with some celebritys

LKP

Big show will probably fight umaga or be in the mitb match up. Im guessing hogan vs y2j also at wm25. But the way wwe storylines are going at the moment anything can happen.