Cung Le Excited To Be Facing Rich Franklin At UFC 148

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
“I’m honored to be fighting a former UFC champion. I’m very excited to get back in the octagon and fight my heart out. It’s probably going to be a barn burner. We’re both going to be in really good shape. He’s coming off a long layoff, and he’s cutting down. Cutting weight is no fun. I recently read somewhere that he has a sweet tooth, and I also have one. I think his is for donuts or something, and mine is for chocolate. When we step in the cage, and it’s all said and done, maybe the winner can spring for either chocolate or donuts.â€

On what went wrong during his octagon debut fight with Wanderlei Silva, Le added:

“Wanderlei came in with a great game plan. Watching all of his fights, he always comes forward. For him to get on his bicycle and backpedal, you know, have me come towards him, definitely threw me off. Having me take the fight to him threw me off, because my whole camp, from beginning to end, was having people come at me. I’m usually pretty good at chasing people down, but I didn’t train that at all. I was on the defense … it was a good game plan for him. I’ve got to take my hat off to him and his camp for coming up with a solid game plan. My trainer, Javier Mendez, got on me a lot, because when I had Wanderlei hurt, instead of staying on him with punches, because I was already right there, I stepped back and started throwing wheel kicks, trying to look for that spectacular knockout, and it didn’t work out. My trainer told me that was dumb on my part, but, you live and learn. It’s in the past, and I’ve accepted the loss. I was honored to have fought Wanderlei. Now, it’s time for me to move forward and get ready to throw down with Rich Franklin.â€

It's a very good opportunity for Cung Le, coming off of a bad loss to Wandy. Looking forward to the entire UFC 148 Card.