Cruz VS Faber Official For UFC 132

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The_Edge

Reaction score
The Place Where Americans Think Always Snows
Vito Moved to ECW

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Bradley Jay defeated Vito for the DSW title at the 2/22 tapings. Vito's title reign was short because DSW officials were given word that he would be called up to ECW soon. Due to that, they had to get the title off of him fairly quickly.

Reaction score
This should be good. I look forward to it now that Vito has ditched the dress. Plus, he was in the original ECW long-term. He's got the charisma and motivation to put on a good match, in my opinion.

MJ807

Reaction score
I hope he just isnt tossed into the title scene and depending on if he is face or heel he should feud with Snitsky or CM Punk.

phantomgerald

i think its pointless bringing vito back. he isn't getting younger. ecw should push their young stars

Reaction score
On an off note, remember Armageddon 2005 when Nunzio (I hate the name Guido) and vito dressed up as sana's elf and santa Cluase respectively? Now that was some funny shit! The look on their faces when Boogeyman came out was priceless.

3lions

Reaction score
I bet all those people who were predicting Vito be become a World Champion under his new OVW gimmick are dissappointed ... * rolls eyes *

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Vito will be paired back up with Guido and will be a part of the new tag team division on ECW.

The Irishman

Reaction score
Great to see that Vito is making a comeback. I've always had time for Vito and I was sick when he was handed such a woeful gimmick(the dress).
His new Muy Thai gimmick isn't too bad, could be a hell of a lot worse. He's a decent worker imo. He'll never be a main eventer, but he has what it takes to be a solid mid-carder.

Ben

Reaction score
The long-awaited rematch and title fight between UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz (17-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) and ex-titleholder Urijah Faber (25-4 MMA, 1-0 UFC) is set for UFC 132.

UFC officials today announced the bout.

With the July booking, the two 135-pounders now appear unlikely to coach against each other on "The Ultimate Fighter 14," which begins production this summer.

UFC 132 takes place July 2 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, the and the night's main card airs live on pay-per-view. Cruz vs. Faber is likely to take a headlining or co-headlining slot.

Cruz and Faber first fought three years ago at WEC 26. Then-featherweight champ Faber submitted Cruz in just 98 seconds. It remains the only loss of Cruz's career.

Since the defeat, Cruz has won eight consecutive fights, including an early-2010 victory over then-champ Brian Bowles. He went on to defend the title with a split-decision victory over Joseph Benavidez and a unanimous-decision win over Scott Jorgensen. When the WEC merged with the UFC in late 2010, officials announced that Cruz would become the UFC's first-ever bantamweight champ.

Faber, meanwhile, recently made his UFC debut with a unanimous-decision victory over Eddie Wineland at UFC 128. As reported that night, UFC president Dana White said the victory had earned Faber a title shot and was a candidate to coach on "TUF 14," a season of the Spike TV reality series that debuts in September. (It features bantamweight and featherweight fighters for the first time ever.)

Faber, the former king of the WEC and longtime titleholder, now owns two consecutive victories since he lost a title fight to new champ Jose Aldo at WEC 48. After opting to drop to 135 pounds and rebounding with a submission victory over Takeya Mizugaki, he met Wineland in UFC 128's co-headliner.

Cruz and Faber, who are both based in California, have built something of a rivalry in recent months. Faber said Cruz began the verbal sparring. And after his win over Wineland, he issued a warning of his own.

"Hide your kids, hide your wife, and hide your UFC belt," he joked.

Faber said it was all in good fun.

"I was just trying to add some humor," Faber said. "I like messing with Dominick. Like I said before, I feel like he chose me as an enemy, and I gladly accepted. I'm just messing around with him and letting him know I'm getting his belt

Prob the one match I wanted to see the most after the WEC merger. Should be a solid match as Cruz has evolved a lot as a fighter since the quick loss to Faber in WEC. Still expect Faber to pull out the victory though, and then hopefully Torres is on track to challenge Faber after.