Cross the line - confuse the fans?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

gashface

Reaction score
'Cross the line' defy heel/face boundaries? But is this confusing the fans? I think so! Without the basis of set heels and faces it just makes fans uncertain of who they should cheer and boo. We'd all like to think we have choice, but the fact is crowd reaction does help people to realise what is right and what is wrong!

In the current feud between the old and new blood, so to speak, we have Sting being a face and therefore Joe coming across as heel. Booker T is being heel but when AJ comes out and says something to Booker T, he gets booed? Why is this?

Why are the fans booing/cheering at random? Because TNA is not properly guiding the fans! They are not supplying good enough heel and face roles, the fans are uncertain and therefore simply booing and cheering for their favourite wrestlers.

TNA needs to sort this out ASAP. It's getting pretty damn bad to be honest, it's weakening storylines.

chessarmy

People are stupid. Its obvious that both Samoa Joe and Sting are babyfaces, but because the idiot iMPACT! Zone marks don't get that they are allowed to cheer for someone OTHER than Sting, they boo Samoa Joe. I think its obvious who is a face and a heel in TNA, hell, they have seperate entrance ramps! lol

Travis40

Russo imo

It's the same exact thing that he did to put WCW even further down...I think Russo did this because he couldn't finish this storyline in WCW. Then Russo goes on Spin Cycle and claims that he's the writer, next we'll see Rusoo in the Impact Zone siding with the Vets.

-TJ-

Well it's hard to determine which side is face and which is heel. But it's not the Cross The Line thing. I really think it is Sting who should be blamed. He changed a promo from heel to face and that confuses the fans becuase of the heel vets side with Sting and Sting goes over as a babyface. So the whole storyline becomes confusing and iMPACT writers and producers haven't tried to stop it, creating an era of confusion in TNA. :yes:

Wordlife

^lmfao, I don't honestly know or care who's face or heel in TNA anymore.... its TNA, you dont need faces/heels, they always put on good matches imo

-TJ-

^Well....... Yeah..... but still. Someone's gotta play the part. If TNA didn't have so many gimmicks (And some of them are horrible) then TNA would be like it was back in the days. ;)

Sabinizer

Reaction score
The phrase cross the line is very accurate when it comes to what goes on in the iMPACT! Zone, imo.

I find TNA more enjoyable to watch than the WWE, my only problem with TNA is the gimmicks.

I can tell who is face and not, and it doesnt really matter in my opinion, the way the feud was set up makes it look personal, and not just wrestling angle.

NOTE: I do realise that this is a wrestling angle.

Montana

When i hear "Cross the Line" I think for the most part, its crossing the line from a wwe fan to a tna fan. Like crossover. Yeah, i do think it has more than one meaning, but the heel/face thing is secondary imo.

As far as New Blood vs. Old blood. I don't think its that off. I dont really know why AJ got a few boo's. Other that, i think its alright. Sting is playing a role that has been done a few times in the past. Kinda like Bret Hart in around 97. Traditionist, but yet got boo'd. I think Sting was going for that, but the fans mixed. So i kinda think thats what they want.

chessarmy

^ ummm...why? We are wrestling got old, CROSS THE LINE pwns imo.

And why do people care so much about this anyway, its just a fucking slogan lol

gashface

Reaction score
It's not the slogan but more the idea behind it, as in crossing heel/face roles. Sure this can work fine in other situations but in such a major storyline I think it makes it difficult to know which side you should support. And the whole point of wrestling is to tell the fans what they should be doing, you may not think it is, but it's trickery simple as.

Maybe I'm just more old-fashioned. But I personally want a defined heel/face feud for something like this.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Well see the fans cheer for who they want to cheer for...

Me if I was at the Impact Zone one week I would boo Sting and Nash and them and cheer AJ Joe Jeff and so on...because I know who is suppose to be the good guys in this and plus the fact that most of my favorites are part of the young gun team and all that.

Like I said its the matter of who you like and who you wanna cheer for...

Hell at times at Indy Shows I find my self cheering on the heels cause there pretty awesome..

I mean they can't force the fans to do anything...Its more the wrestlers job to try and get heat.

Sting f'ed up not TNA.

xtremebadass

Cross the Line might look cool advertising and is a catchy tag line, but when it comes right down to it, it's a stupid concept. There's no fan interaction if there are no distinct face and heel's. If you ask me if this concept worked, I would say no because you don't see anyone booing AJ Styles. If it worked, AJ would even get a mixed reaction.

gashface

Reaction score
Actually he has been getting a mixed reaction while addressing Sting, but thats why I don't like it. It weakens feuds.

Axis

I think it is nice to not be spoon-fed who to cheer. I support who I like, and I don't support who I dislike.