Creative Solutions I Would Like to See in 2018.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Inspired by top 15 thread here are a few things I would like to see in 2018 (apart from better booking overall).

1. Heel turn from Reigns. If the fanbase wants to boo him. The guy can work, shitty booking.

2. Push Rusev day and any wrestler who gets over organically.

3. Faction wars. Shield/New Day/The Club/Sanity

4. More star power to Smackdown.

5. Identify a key 5 or 6 people the fans care aboout and have them in the title picture scene. Basically find some modern equivalents of Kane/Taker/Mankind/Austin/Rock/Triple H.

6. Put new guys over the older ones whose legacies are secure anyway. Basically Strowman> AE and class of 2002 stars. Imagine wrestlers from 1984 being in prominent spots in the Attitude Era- didn't happen. Legends should face other legends or be used to put over new talent without jobbing them out.

7. Use a few older stars but new faces to feud with the old guard and put over the new faces. This means AJ, Samoa Joe, Booby Roode get decent pushes for the next year or 2 as they are in the late 30's early 40's. Use them while they doi not suck.

8. Build new stars. Popular stars are not quite over as much as they should be- Seth, Dean, Nakamura, Balor come to mind. Smackdown for example could have a top 6 guys that can tear the house down (Nakamura, Roode, AJ, Balor, Owens). Make better use of good mid card acts (Dillinger, Rusev etc). On RAW you have Shield, Strowman, Samoa Joe, The Bar etc. Adam Cole I think may be a new Shawn Michaels. Short term booking AJ as "the guy" on Smackdown transitioning to Cole. Aleister Black is another potential that has not been wrecked by crappy booking.

9. Have a few free agents that can go to either show especially in the women's division.

10. Get the title off Brock even if its Reigns at WM34.

11. Have some tag team members in single action (without breaking the teams up). Big E and Rusev come to mind immediately.

Future stars (2 years later), Black, Adam Cole, Big E, Strowman, KO,

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Agree completely with all of this. I can't think of anything else to add it is so thorough. Oh maybe make it so that we go back to the days where the Royal Rumble winner/MitB contract holder could cash in their opportunity for a title match on both the RAW titles and the Smackdown titles. A bit of unpredictability is fun.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
1. Heel turn from Reigns. If the fanbase wants to boo him. The guy can work, shitty booking.

giphy.gif

Nice list Broski...and I agree with most of it...

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Nice list Broski...and I agree with most of it...

Cheers, I agreed with about 80/90% of your list, the only difference is the factions (get them all on one show). Have Asuka and maybe the 4 horsewomen as free agents. Give Asuka a lot more women to plow through befoe losing the title eventually to Charlotte/ Rousey/whoever.