SummerSlam Could Kevin Owens leave SummerSlam as Universal Champion?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

who you got?

• Owens

• Strowman

• no cash in

Results are only viewable after voting.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
this is very dirt sheet heavy but here's what I just read concerning next month's PPV:
An advertisement now lists Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton for Hell in a Cell, though that could obviously change. AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe and Roman Reigns vs. Kevin Owens have previously been listed for that show as well.

So does this actually mean Owens could potentially cheat his way into getting that briefcase from Strowman, cash in after Reigns wins and somehow revive his career out of nowhere just like he did 2 years ago? Or is this just another one of those fake rumors created by WWE's marketing team? Either way, it just made Strowman/Owens way more interesting for me lol.

Then again, worst case scenario, what if Brock beats Reigns anyways and Owens/Reigns isn't even for the title. Because apparently Brock doesn't really wanna leave WWE and would rather work for both UFC & WWE at the same time.

Anyways, I wouldn't take issue in Owens winning the briefcase+title at Summerslam but imo Strowman's just a better fit for it right now, he's been one of the most over and strongest looking guys on the roster for a while now and the longer you hold his title win off, the more repetitive he becomes in my eyes. Either way, quite interesting stuff, they could really pull a mad one off here with these 2 matches

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
If they allow Kevin to win the MitB briefcase from Braun, which the match on itself is dumb, then many fans will be pissed because of the fact that will be one of the dumbest things WWE could do especially with Braun being hot right now. I mean the whole match and even feud itself is way too stupid and even though I don't care for Braun and find himself lackluster he does deserve better.

Also, if Brock wins then that is just fucking stupid and if they allow him to work both UFC and WWE then that is bullshit because of when Ken Shamrock was in WWF/E they told him he could either do one or the other, not both, and the same thing was told to Dan Severn as well as the fact it makes no fucking sense.

SWL

Hotshot
Reaction score
If they allow Kevin to win the MitB briefcase from Braun, which the match on itself is dumb, then many fans will be pissed because of the fact that will be one of the dumbest things WWE could do especially with Braun being hot right now. I mean the whole match and even feud itself is way too stupid and even though I don't care for Braun and find himself lackluster he does deserve better.

Also, if Brock wins then that is just fucking stupid and if they allow him to work both UFC and WWE then that is bullshit because of when Ken Shamrock was in WWF/E they told him he could either do one or the other, not both, and the same thing was told to Dan Severn as well as the fact it makes no fucking sense.
I don't think people would be that pissed if Owens wins the Universal title, he has quite the support behind him (especially nowadays where heels are most popular) and Braun's also not as hot as he was a year ago but I get what you mean, it's more Braun's time rather than Kevin's.

And the Brock thing is most likely not gonna happen anyways, it's just something I thought of while writing this because they didn't specify that Owens/Reigns at HIAC would be for the title. While I'm pretty sure Brock would love to work both because that'd mean paychecks from left and right, I doubt that the E would wanna do it

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Brock Lesnar has negotiation power because he is one of the biggest ppv draws outside boxing. I don't see how it's bullshit. The more successful you are the better you are at bargaining. Shamrock and Severn were no where near Brock level.

• Haha

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
You know what...I'll be honest & say while Strowman should
cash in & win the Universal title at Summerslam...I wouldn't
mind if Owens did either.

It would be great to see Owens have a proper main roster
Universal title run while not being overshadowed by a piece
of paper & having someone helping him every step of the
way.

Plus...if they go with this booking...it keeps the Universal
title off of Reigns, Lesnar can finally piss off & automatically
adds more layers & depth to the Owens/Strowman feud.

But really...I'm just typing this because I'm house sitting &
I have nothing better to do.

I honestly don't give shit what happens...& I probably won't
until they put the Universal title on Rollins.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
If Kevin Owens leaves Summerslam the universal champion then he is an absolute legend

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I don't think people would be that pissed if Owens wins the Universal title, he has quite the support behind him (especially nowadays where heels are most popular) and Braun's also not as hot as he was a year ago but I get what you mean, it's more Braun's time rather than Kevin's.

And the Brock thing is most likely not gonna happen anyways, it's just something I thought of while writing this because they didn't specify that Owens/Reigns at HIAC would be for the title. While I'm pretty sure Brock would love to work both because that'd mean paychecks from left and right, I doubt that the E would wanna do it
I didn't mean pissed in the normal meaning, I meant it as some of the fans would be highly mad at it and you are right some would be happy about it, but still, if that case is that Kevin was gonna win the briefcase this whole time why not just have him win it at MitB, and I know they did for story or whatever, but still it just seems dumb to me. Plus, that would mean we get another year or so of Roman chasing the Champion and such as well as Kevin being a Chicken Shit isn't as fun or entertaining as The Miz when he acts like one.

And the WWE shouldn't allow him to do it, anyway, if it was possible.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Summer Slam is in New York so I think Kevin cashing in successfully would make the crowd very happy indeed

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Just as a sidenote, I remember the dirtsheets talking a LOT about how Ziggler wants to leave, Ziggler doesn't want to re-sign, etc. Before No Mercy 2016 when he had the MOTN with Miz in that title vs career match. It was awesome, in part because I'm sure WWE leaked that out there to fool the fans.

Maybe the reports of Brock re-signing make this less predictable, but equally dog shit.

Y'all know how I feel. No more cowardly heels or Roman title chases, please. Especially both at the same time.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Just as a sidenote, I remember the dirtsheets talking a LOT about how Ziggler wants to leave, Ziggler doesn't want to re-sign, etc. Before No Mercy 2016 when he had the MOTN with Miz in that title vs career match. It was awesome, in part because I'm sure WWE leaked that out there to fool the fans.

Maybe the reports of Brock re-signing make this less predictable, but equally dog shit.

Y'all know how I feel. No more cowardly heels or Roman title chases, please. Especially both at the same time.
If Brock resigns and is given the belt back, which many fans would hate, and thus be continuing the Roman story, I think that will be the straw that broke the camel's back for many people and leave WWE and hopefully watch something good like IMPACT or NJPW.

SWL

Hotshot
Reaction score

for better or worse, these rumors or fake advertisements mostly peak interest and make pointless feuds interesting again. Just like you mentioned the Ziggler thing, which made a boring and quite predictable IC title match 10 times more dramatic, I feel as if the whole Strowman/Owens match just got a good boost out of the actual possibility of Owens taking the briefcase from Strowman, even if it's just for me, because the feud itself isn't really doing anything for their match atm

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
There are so many leaks I think KO will cash in the night after like when he beat Jericho for the US Title

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
this is very dirt sheet heavy but here's what I just read concerning next month's PPV:

So does this actually mean Owens could potentially cheat his way into getting that briefcase from Strowman, cash in after Reigns wins and somehow revive his career out of nowhere just like he did 2 years ago? Or is this just another one of those fake rumors created by WWE's marketing team? Either way, it just made Strowman/Owens way more interesting for me lol.

Then again, worst case scenario, what if Brock beats Reigns anyways and Owens/Reigns isn't even for the title. Because apparently Brock doesn't really wanna leave WWE and would rather work for both UFC & WWE at the same time.

Anyways, I wouldn't take issue in Owens winning the briefcase+title at Summerslam but imo Strowman's just a better fit for it right now, he's been one of the most over and strongest looking guys on the roster for a while now and the longer you hold his title win off, the more repetitive he becomes in my eyes. Either way, quite interesting stuff, they could really pull a mad one off here with these 2 matches
No, there’s not a cold chance in hell that Owens will be winning. It would be beyond interesting and unexpected, but it’s not happening.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
No, there’s not a cold chance in hell that Owens will be winning. It would be beyond interesting and unexpected, but it’s not happening.
Yeah...WWE don't do interesting...
which is a shame because they
have some potentially interesting
performers working for them.

But hey...the so-called "Top Guy"
is about as interesting as watching
an apple brown...so what do you
expect?

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Fuck that idea.. Just give Strowman the goddamn title.. They almost completely cooled him off since they been holding back on him for so long.. Just give him the title and run with him.. He was so fucking popular and they didn't do shit with him.. Wrestling shouldn't be this difficult to book.