Cory Monteith(Glee) Dead at 31

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Cory Monteith, a Canadian actor best known for playing Finn Hudson on the hit show "Glee," was found dead Saturday in a Vancouver hotel room, police announced on Saturday. Monteith was 31 years old.

The Hollywood Reporter reports that he was found at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel.

Vancouver Police say they believe he was alone at the time of his death, and do not suspect foul play:

Shortly after noon today, the Vancouver Police received a call from the BC Ambulance Service regarding a sudden death in a room on the 21st floor of the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel at 1038 Canada Place in downtown Vancouver.
Police attended within minutes of the call and paramedics advised the man in the room was clearly deceased. Coroner’s staff did attend the scene.

The deceased has been identified as 31-year-old actor Cory Monteith, who achieved great fame on the popular TV series Glee.

Before I give further information, on behalf of the Vancouver Police, I want to pass on our condolences to the family, friends, castmates and millions of fans of Mr. Monteith. As was the case in countless homes, I watched Glee regularly with my daughters, and I know there will be shock and sadness in many households with the news of his tragic death.

Mr. Monteith checked into the hotel in July 6th and was due to check out of the room today. There were others with Mr. Monteith in his room earlier last night, but video and fob key entries show him returning to his room by himself in the early morning hours and we believe he was alone when he died.

When he missed his check-out time, staff went to the room at noon and found his body.

We know there will be considerable interest in this case, and we have detectives assigned to the case who attended with our Forensic Identification Unit to examine the scene, to ensure to the extent possible that there are no unanswered questions.

Hotel video has been secured as well as room access records. Our investigators have spoken with hotel staff, who are providing the utmost in cooperation.

An autopsy is schduled for Monday. The Coroner will be determining the next steps with respect to establishing cause of death, but all indications are that there was no foul play.

Wasn't a big fan of Glee but seemed like he was on his way up as far as acting. He's been in rehab twice recently so most likely he OD'd or perhaps a suicide.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
31 Is Crazy Young To Leave The World.

RIP

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Tragic. R.I.P.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Wow, way too young to go although at first I though he was in his early twenties because he was on Glee. Don't know why so many still fall for the trap of drugs when things like this happen so frequently.

RIP

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
I might cop flack here but if drugs were involved i have no sympaphy for him I'm sick of these guys who have a good thing going for then and they fuck it up.

On the other hand if there was no drugs then rip.

Reactions: 1 person

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
I might cop flack here but if drugs were involved i have no sympaphy for him I'm sick of these guys who have a good thing going for then and they fuck it up.

On the other hand if there was no drugs then rip.

He was addicted to drugs when he was 13, his parents divorced when he was 7 and he hardly saw his father as he was in the army. Apart from the acting, sounds like he had a terrible life.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Drugs is still NEVER the answer. No matter how fucked up your life is, why would you want to make it be more fucked up? I side with Darth here. When your addiction to drugs is what kills you, I have no sympathy. It was your fault. He was famous, rich, and had everything going for him.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Drugs is still NEVER the answer. No matter how fucked up your life is, why would you want to make it be more fucked up? I side with Darth here. When your addiction to drugs is what kills you, I have no sympathy. It was your fault. He was famous, rich, and had everything going for him.

So easy to say when you don't know the guy. Aren't you one that tries to defend Benoit still?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
NEver watched Glee, which is funny since I love musicals. But never watched it, seen this guy plastered all over my local news because he died in Vancouver. Apparently it was an OD, and like Heath Ledger won't shed no tears or care about excuses for a person who ODs. Don't think much of people who can't handle their drugs.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Heath ledgers death was accidentental drug overdose he had insomnia and took too many sleeping pills.

Said I didn't care for excuses, am I going to think David Carradine's death wasn't hilarious because others do it successfully before him?

AF.

Reaction score
Do we really need people in these threads who say things like he deserved it because he was a druggie or I have no sympathy because he was a user? Just stay away if that's your opinion. The guy was an addict. Just like you guys are probably addicted to using the internet, he was addicted to using drugs. It's really a shame when people fail to understand this. Drugs are bad, yes. Doesn't make him a bad person.

R.I.P

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Everyone has an opinion we are entilted to were not bagging the guy.

And deezy its not an excuse Im merely stating the difference between the two death's.