Copa America Argentina 2011

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Adelwolf

Reaction score
So, is anyone following? Today Peru goes against Mexico and I REALLY think my team stands a chance of winning. Also Uruguay faces Chile who is the leader of the B group so far.

Argentina dissapointed again on Wednesday by drawing with Colombia 0-0.

SoccerBoy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
drewmcintyre
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
kaitlyn
First off I'm writing this on my iPod touch so I apologize for any errors in my following post. Now let's get to the actual post itself.

I have been following the Copa America because I'm a total soccer fan. Now as a casual fan I feel like th tournament itself has been full of surprises, but as a hardcore fan I have been a little disappointed. First the amount of draws so far is a little surprising. So far in the games that have been played so far (excluding tonights games) there have been five draws in 8 games. Also the amount of goals has been surprising too, in total 10 goals have been scored. I guess you can say that the teams have been playing tough defense.

Now something I want to talk about is about one of the invitees to the tournmemt. As soccer fans know Mexico is not part of the COMENBOL and the reason that they are in is because they were invited. I am of Mexican heritage so of course I am rooting for them. But I don't have as much high-hopes for them in the tournament. First being that it is our Sub-22 squad because our main Squad just played in the Copa Oro. The only major player on the team is Gio Dos Santos. As seen in the Chile game he is trying to do it on his own and that is not enough to get Mexico to the next round. Hopefully they can but for now I have to wait and see what happens tonight.

The last point I want to make is the situation of Argentina. They have drawn in both their group games so far. They are the host nation of this tournament. Technically they have home field advantage and they have not been performing at the level that is expected of them. I feel like the pressure is getting to them and they aren't working that well as a team. I heard somewhere that they are trying to play like Barcelona but it hasn't been working as we can see by their last two games.

Well I'm about to get off and get ready to see tonights game. This was a good thread idea and hopefully other soccer fans can come here and share their opinions on the 2011 Copa America

Adelwolf

Reaction score
Glad to find antoher soccer fan in here :)
So well, Uruguay and Chile tied 1 - 1 although Chile had the most chances to win it. Uruguay is just not the same team they were back on South Africa.
In the other match Peru defeated MExico 1 - 0. Mexico is out of the cup, but the good thing for them is that this Sub-22 team was a worthy opponent and the future looks bright for the Mexican team.