Confusing casual fans

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

The whole "Booker T stole the World Title" thing is really stupid and confusing. If someone is watching TNA for the first time, they are going to think that Booker T is the World Heavyweight Champion, when it really is Samoa Joe. It doesn't make sense, and it can lead to lots of confusion and people just deciding that they don't want to watch TNA anymore because of the storylines. TNA is in a spot right now, where lots of new viewers could join them at any time. They need to acknowledge that and make their product easy to follow, whether you are a loyal viewer or you are watching for the first time. Storylines where the champion got his title stolen can confuse lots of new viewers, especially when the angle is done with a World Championship. I think TNA needs to put a stop to the stolen title angle, and they need to do it as soon as possible. It ruins the credibility of the Titles and confuses everyone for no reason. Why not just keep everything simple? Samoa Joe is the World Champion, so HE should have the belt. Its as simple as that.

Don't get me wrong, I love good storylines and I am not one of those "I only want wrestling" type of fans, and I actually think Vinnie Russo can write some good programming sometimes and at least he is trying to keep the product from going stale, but I just hate angles where the champion gets his title stolen. We saw it with Black Machismo earlier this year, and now we are seeing it with Samoa Joe.

What do you guys think? Are you liking the "Booker stole Joe's title belt" angle?

Axis

I don't see how confusing it is. Joe is the champion, but Booker has the belt. Even if I were to turn on to see FCW (A fed I have never before seen) and saw that one guy had the belt, but the announcers said that another guy was champion, I wouldn't exactly be running to Ask Jeeves.

chessarmy

^ The announcers don't mention it EVERY time Booker T comes out, and I just think the angle isn't necessary and confusion is a way to support that

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Casual fans have to suck it up, lol. When I first started watching wrestling I had no idea what anything had to do with anything. But professional wrestling itself is what interested me, so I watched week to week and I learned it all. If a fan doesn't care enough to keep watching and learn what's going on, he certainly won't care enough to order a PPV or buy a shirt, so there's no point in catering to them.

xtremebadass

TNA did this on more than one occassion and I can't stand it when they do it. It's not confusing, it's just pointless, why advertise Booker visually as Champ when he clearly isn't? It's bad for business. When you see someone with the title, that means their champ...oh oh...but not in the magical land called TNA my friend.

Axis

TNA did this on more than one occassion and I can't stand it when they do it. It's not confusing, it's just pointless, why advertise Booker visually as Champ when he clearly isn't? It's bad for business. When you see someone with the title, that means their champ...oh oh...but not in the magical land called TNA my friend.

Could you explain to me to financial ramifications of having Booker T carry the belt that belongs to Joe?

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
WWE done this before so I don't see why no one is bringing that up...

WCW I think did it also once...it can lead to better storylines...I mean yeah Booker has the belt but if someone watches I am sure there figure it out...and also whats it gonna hurt for them to think Booker is the champion...I mean he holds it to the next ppv...if he wins he keeps the belt if he loses Joe gets the belt that is already his...no harm done..

The Rated R CMStar

Yeah, WWE did it with Khali vs Cena...for one week, not based an entire feud on it. Besides, it's WWE, if you are a wrestling fan, you know who their champions are. TNA, they are just getting themselves into the market, and having a man with the belt but not being the champion isn't something that attractive.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
But like I said...its not gonna hurt anything cause I mean...at the next PPV...who ever wins is the champion anyway.....so I mean if Booker keeps it until then...then Joe wins...then Booker has to give Joe back the title...if Booker wins...just keep the belt...no harm done.

and also I seen it happen alot more then that in WWE...I got to remember when but I know they did it a few times....cause I remember they had to win there belt back they never lost...u know..

lord batair

Reaction score
You know what Chessarmy, whenever a casual fan come to TNA he'll be lost ! It's like catching a movie in the middle of the action you just need time to understand and when it's wrestling you just stay for the action first and maybe if you're patient you do the effort to follow the storyline (in the TNA case you have to be VERY patient, it's like beggining the LOST show with the episode 12 of the season 4 you just don't get it ^^ but in TNA you have High flyings guys for the entertainement^^)
About this precise storyline of Booker and Joe well, first why Booker T is facing Joe ? Come on we know that Joe can beat Booker we're not that stupid ! And like the others said that a classic storyline. Plus there are other stuff to watch in the 2 hours show.