WrestleMania Confused about WM33 card... AJ, Dean, Taker ??

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I really can't see it being AJ Vs Dean at WM33

They've already done it & it seems like a simple match, not that I'm knocking it. I wouldn't mind that match, I just don't think they're going to do it again at WM. I also don't see any kind of Triple Threat with those 2 for the WWE Title.

Which is what is confusing me about the card because if they don't do that, the only other WM worthy match I see for AJ would be UnderTaker or Cena but if it's Cena than who is facing UnderTaker? Orton with Bray trying to control him to take out Taker? ....And if it's AJ Vs Taker ....Than who would Cena face? Roman? ...Maybe something happens at SS that starts something between a SD guy & a RAW guy... Styles & AJ or Styles & Seth ??

They have the potential for some great matches but I unfortunately think they will not capitalize on most of them

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Styles will be facing Ambrose for the title at a TLC PPV in a TLC match. Styles will retain and it'll be the culmination of their feud right there.

As far as Mania goes, it'll most likely be Styles vs Cena for the title, where Big Match John wins to finally tie Flair's all-time record.

As far as Taker's opponent goes, it may be Orton. Unless they do it sooner. Idk, seems like Taker's WM opponent probably won't be that interesting anyway, so... :quimby:

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Styles will be facing Ambrose for the title at a TLC PPV in a TLC match. Styles will retain and it'll be the culmination of their feud right there.

As far as Mania goes, it'll most likely be Styles vs Cena for the title, where Big Match John wins to finally tie Flair's all-time record.

As far as Taker's opponent goes, it may be Orton. Unless they do it sooner. Idk, seems like Taker's WM opponent probably won't be that interesting anyway, so... :quimby:

Yeah, that's why I was confused because everybody is saying Dean is the big over star on SD right now so he will DEF be in the main event but I doubt that..... And they won't do AJ & Dean AGAIN.... So if it's Cena & AJ... I'm with you, leaning towards Orton.

How likely do you think this is??

KO Vs Goldberg
Shane McMahon Vs Brock Lesnar
The UnderTaker Vs Randy Orton
HHH Vs Seth Rollins
John Cena Vs AJ Styles - WWE Title
Roman Reigns Vs Finn Balor - Universal Title

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Yeah, that's why I was confused because everybody is saying Dean is the big over star on SD right now so he will DEF be in the main event but I doubt that..... And they won't do AJ & Dean AGAIN.... So if it's Cena & AJ... I'm with you, leaning towards Orton.

How likely do you think this is??

KO Vs Goldberg
Shane McMahon Vs Brock Lesnar
The UnderTaker Vs Randy Orton
HHH Vs Seth Rollins
John Cena Vs AJ Styles - WWE Title
Roman Reigns Vs Finn Balor - Universal Title

Ambrose won't be in the World title picture come Mania time, I feel.

Roman vs Finn at Mania? Nope, I don't see it happening there. Maybe somewhere down the road.

KO vs Goldberg? Hell no. There are a ton of wrestlers who deserve it more (to face KO for the title or to face KO in general). Goldberg can kick rocks after Survivor Series for all I care.

And AOTM, I can think of 3 opponents to face KO for the title at Mania:
1) Roman Reigns
2) Chris Jericho. Unless they do it sooner, like after Survivor Series.
3) Finn Bálor. That's my favorite option.

Shane-O Mac vs Bork is pretty much a lock.

Taker vs Orton? Maybe. Idk.

Rollins vs Hunter is pretty much official, as is Cena vs Styles.

Reactions: WholeFN'Moe

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Ambrose won't be in the World title picture come Mania time, I feel.

Roman vs Finn at Mania? Nope, I don't see it happening there. Maybe somewhere down the road.

KO vs Goldberg? Hell no. There are a ton of wrestlers who deserve it more (to face KO for the title or to face KO in general). Goldberg can kick rocks after Survivor Series for all I care.

And AOTM, I can think of 3 opponents to face KO for the title at Mania:
1) Roman Reigns
2) Chris Jericho. Unless they do it sooner, like after Survivor Series.
3) Finn Bálor. That's my favorite option.

Shane-O Mac vs Bork is pretty much a lock.

Taker vs Orton? Maybe. Idk.

Rollins vs Hunter is pretty much official, as is Cena vs Styles.

I feel the same about Dean & Berg lol....

Trust me, it's not that I want any of these matches.... As far as KO Vs Goldberg, I mean Goldberg is a name & they have him, I'm pretty sure he will stick around for WM, not that I want him to. I just figured where Owens wanted Brock but can't because of Shane, and can't be in the main event they might give him Goldberg instead fresh off of his feud with Brock in a 1 on 1.

He SHOULD be in the main event, don't get me wrong. I just think they threw Roman in the picture as fast as possible so they could get him in that main event which is BS. I really would love for it to be Owens Vs Balor for the belt.... Roman can go home & be a good dad because he can't entertain worth shit

• Haha
Reactions: Prince Bálor

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I've been wondering which the best opponent for Taker would be - it's Cena - and on paper there's a very easy way to do this...

-At the Fast Lane - I think - PPV, AJ Styles vs John Cena happens for the WWE Title, and Cena has the win in hand when the gong hits, Taker replaces the ref, Chokeslam, Phenomenal Forearm, Taker disappears, 1-2-3.
-Then at WM, the build is simple... while Cena will be able to win the Greatest of All Time moniker by tying Flair, Undertaker is jealous for not really being in that conversation...
-Wrestlemania happens, and you get a dream match - the only real Undertaker match that really works - as well as AJ Styles in a different match (Orton? Nakamura? Zayn?) for double the pleasure double the fun, and you save Cena vs Styles as a huge ME for the Smackdown May PPV

That all sounds good, in theory, and the buildup would kick ass. BUT... who goes over?
-Undertaker wins, then Cena goes on to fight for the title, probably wins it, and the guy who just lost to broken down ass Undertaker just pinned AJ Styles.
-CENA WINS LOL and it's back to being pissed when Cena wins that title

Problem is there's no other Undertaker opponent that really makes sense. And I don't expect Cena vs Styles to happen at WM tbh, that feels like a match WWE will try to push a lesser PPV with to generate a bunch of buys instead of the show that people are buying anyway

Reactions: Solidus1