• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Community (TV Show Discussion Thread)

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
Got as far the S3 finale, going to watch the finale tomorrow. Loved what I've seen so far, enjoy the concepts they've tried out.

I heard S4 is a huge let down though but hopefully I won't be to disappointed.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Got as far the S3 finale, going to watch the finale tomorrow. Loved what I've seen so far, enjoy the concepts they've tried out.

I heard S4 is a huge let down though but hopefully I won't be to disappointed.

Honestly, the only episodes in season four that I think are as bad as everyone makes them out to be are the premiere (only time I couldn't finish a Community episode in one sitting) and the finale. Maybe the puppet & backstory one. I don't know, those had enough redeeming qualities. Nothing's topping that last string of episodes from season three though. Those six or seven episodes are the peak of Community so far in my opinion.

Best part of the episode for sure. I want more Dean this season, he provided my favorite part of the last two episodes (though this one was clearly his better moment). Honestly, outside of that, Vince Gillian's fun appearance & Abed's ending scene with Rachel, I really didn't care for this one either (oh right, I haven't established that the previous two weeks were "meh" at best). I'm just going to ask this, how the hell did Shirley manage to tie up Britta &, more importantly, Hickey, all by herself? I can buy Britta but not Hickey. I'm sure my dislike for Shirley is a big reason why I didn't care for this one. But more pressingly, I've been pretty underwhelmed by Rachel thus far. At this point in season five, she's felt way more like just "the [satellite] girlfriend character" & just a plot device to help Abed get over Troy rather than her own character like she did in her season four debut. I'm aware they have a lot to juggle this season but I'm just not feeling her so far as an actual character.

Next episode's the sequel to Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, right? Real worried about that one as the first one is my favorite episode in the series & Community isn't a stranger to not living up to the [impeccably] standards they set for themselves (the paintball sequels). Still though, I ended up enjoying the second batch of paintball episodes even though they didn't match the first time around & I'm pretty hopeful that that's the worse that happens come this Thursday.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Next episode's the sequel to Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, right?
Yup I think it should be pretty good, I heard David Cross aka Tobias from Arrested Development is going to play Hickey's son or something in the episode, that should be good David Cross is awesome!
af0e2325915a70a07c83102e38df7169.jpg

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score

The wife and I laughed so hard at this. "let me clear my throat....aha...aha.....I don't know where that came from!" lol. You did notice the end when he tried to write a new one and was all upset that he "lost it" right?

Anyone else starting to really hate Shirley (the character)? I am. She always seems to be on top of things in this show. From this last episode where sje somehow ended up being the only one not tied to a chair to the "floor is lava" episode where she was queen or whatever, and she was leader of the 5s in the meowmeow beans ep. I got my eye on you Shirley! :rock:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I never really liked her before, here's the thing though I believe she was purposely written this way in the last episode because it was a story of "good christian girl" who went crazy with power kind of like Walter White did in Breaking Bad, he was always the "good guy" and then the meth began make him increasingly more wicked with power.

because of that correlation I actually liked her in this episode :)

Reactions: Trip in the Head

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
She's had more of a role and not the one I really want her to be. It's as if she's the main focus. I enjoyed her on side stories or just plain out on the side.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Think four more episodes left of this season. You know, when I go back to the first page and see the original cast, I feel sad a bit. It reminds me how gold Community was back in the day.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I heard a rumor Troy's coming back for the finale, I think it's a clever ploy to keep the possibility of a 6th season in 'limbo'
Also B.J Novak from the Office is going to be in the first part of the season finale, I wonder if he will be Ryan Howard business teacher, since Office is NBC like Community :)

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I heard the same rumor which would be awesome IMO. But it kinda sucks now cause I would have loved to have Chevy back, but they killed him off.

Also, I kinda wondered if Troy can be the ass crack bandit. I mean, he does have a stuff for butts.