Cole's Commentary Being Evaluated

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
- WWE officials held a meeting last week after the RAW ratings came in where Michael Cole's commentary was discussed.

TV ratings patterns show fans have little interest in seeing anyone on TV besides the top Superstars. Consideration was given to the fact that maybe this is because of Cole burying the talents for the past year.

Source: F4W

Reaction score
Didn't Triple say earlier this year that a broom could outwork almost the entire roster? Maybe WWE can go down to the local home depot and buy a couple new main eventers.

But anyway Michael Cole should not be the only one blamed for WWE's situation. Part of the blame goes to WWE's haphazard booking that is all over place and makes it impossible to get behind people and push them into a believable main event spot.

Reaction score
Punk. Punk is boring right now. He's proving to be a hypocrite compared to what he was preaching back in the summer and he hasn't done anything remotely "revolutionary" or to usher in change that he claimed he would user in. It seems like he is feuding with Laurinaitis because of course he does. I don't know how much leeway he has in his promos as far as his own input, but right now he is the same cookie cutter face the E has been pushing since 02. Pass.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
It definitely feels like a huge number of issues are the cause of this.

In no particular order:

- Cole's work... as mentioned... trashing everyone bar Miz & Cena... ESPECIALLY everyone on the mid-card and lower.
- King's work... let's face it... Lawler is NOT a face commentator... ESPECIALLY not to play up to the worst heel "play-by-play" man.
- The art of the play-by-play is lost in WWE commentary, and that hurts. Ignoring the action in the ring REALLY hurts the audience's focus on what's happening in the ring.
- Booking. Considerably better of late... they're still throwing titles around like loose pussy in the busiest whorehouse. Super pushes for talents who don't need it... and bailouts on guys who are deserving of a push... not to mention squashing some very hot talent mid-run like what they did to Sheamus. And then pushing guys to the moon when they debut only to realize they're nowhere near ready on their own or in the minds of the audience.
- Talent not doing more... it's really a shame when you can say Zack Ryder & Dolph Ziggler are quite possibly your most dedicated guys to advancing their character outside of the ring... when you've got egomaniacs like Punk/Cena/Orton/Sheamus on your roster. When the most intriguing thing to happen on WWE since MITB is Kane masked again. And this falls back on WWE themselves for not doing more to establish a lot of these guys (why crown McIntyre the future if you squash him the moment his IC title reign ends; the Nexus ordeal being thrown to hit after the first week because they crossed some of the lines of PG-13 programming; prematurely bringing Punk back instead of letting the entire ordeal play out for a few months where the payoff could have been tremendous).
- That fucking WWE Championship strap... that fucking thing looks more and more hideous every god damn night, especially around the waist of everyone BUT Cena. I don't want to tune in to see that fucking strap being defended when Cena has it... I REALLY don't want to tune in to see Punk "Winds of Change" defend that grotesque garbage.

The list goes on and on and on. And while I feel WWE has done a lot of good recently, they still find a way to muddy the waters.

...god...

Reaction score
lol@ how horrible the WWE has been for the past few years trying to be blamed on Cole's commentary.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
It definitely feels like a huge number of issues are the cause of this.

In no particular order:

- Cole's work... as mentioned... trashing everyone bar Miz & Cena... ESPECIALLY everyone on the mid-card and lower.
- King's work... let's face it... Lawler is NOT a face commentator... ESPECIALLY not to play up to the worst heel "play-by-play" man.
- The art of the play-by-play is lost in WWE commentary, and that hurts. Ignoring the action in the ring REALLY hurts the audience's focus on what's happening in the ring.
- Booking. Considerably better of late... they're still throwing titles around like loose pussy in the busiest whorehouse. Super pushes for talents who don't need it... and bailouts on guys who are deserving of a push... not to mention squashing some very hot talent mid-run like what they did to Sheamus. And then pushing guys to the moon when they debut only to realize they're nowhere near ready on their own or in the minds of the audience.
- Talent not doing more... it's really a shame when you can say Zack Ryder & Dolph Ziggler are quite possibly your most dedicated guys to advancing their character outside of the ring... when you've got egomaniacs like Punk/Cena/Orton/Sheamus on your roster. When the most intriguing thing to happen on WWE since MITB is Kane masked again. And this falls back on WWE themselves for not doing more to establish a lot of these guys (why crown McIntyre the future if you squash him the moment his IC title reign ends; the Nexus ordeal being thrown to hit after the first week because they crossed some of the lines of PG-13 programming; prematurely bringing Punk back instead of letting the entire ordeal play out for a few months where the payoff could have been tremendous).
- That fucking WWE Championship strap... that fucking thing looks more and more hideous every god damn night, especially around the waist of everyone BUT Cena. I don't want to tune in to see that fucking strap being defended when Cena has it... I REALLY don't want to tune in to see Punk "Winds of Change" defend that grotesque garbage.

The list goes on and on and on. And while I feel WWE has done a lot of good recently, they still find a way to muddy the waters.

And just when I decide I might get into WWE again...

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^LOL, like I said, there are some things that are considerably better now, but they really hurt themselves from being even more dominant right now because of those issues in the past (and some of it STILL happening).

I can almost envision the WWE having Cena win the Rumble since they kept him off of a PPV card for once and then having him win the strap at Elimination Chamber so he can defend it against The Rock at WrestleMania to completely ensure that the audience doesn't suspend belief that The Rock may actually have a chance to win this damn match.

I like where they're at and what they're doing with a lot of the talent, especially younger guys, but the fact is, these guys aren't going to draw because you hindered most of them when you actually had a chance to make them dependable stars on the card.

If Zack Ryder can sell (and he SELLS big-time) by branding himself on Youtube... there's no doubt in my mind that 3/4 of the roster could do better if the E actually bothered trying to brand these guys... but they'd much rather do absolutely nothing to harm Cena in any way possible (as if Cena's going to pull a Brock because you're asking him to help establish other Superstars which in turn would establish him even more, helping him grow to new heights). This isn't the 80's where everyone buys in to Hogan being able to win for a fucking decade. The last wisely-booked main title reign in the WWE was JBL... and that was even sloppy. But giving a heel a durable reign, even if he has to do it dirty... and then having Cena overcome the odds down the line, after more than half a year, would be tremendous. Nobody can hold on to the strap for more than 3 months, and THAT hurts when someone does win it, because it means nothing. Not even Cena can get a 4-month reign, and that's upsetting. Let someone carry that shit for a long time... you can have them lose matches, but have someone who can win at PPV's when it matters... THAT is how you built HBK up into a star. Yeah, Shawn was obviously a better performer under the bright lights, but you also pushed him under the bright lights so people saw his performance paid off. It's time to go back to making championship reigns last, and making champions dominant.

imported_#Heel

cole can't be solely blamed but he spoils matches with his constant over the top comments about everything - i understand he is a heel commentator but theres being a heel and being completely over the top and the guy is way way over the top - he spoils the majority of matches ... and then of course we get to booker t commentary ... shucky ducky quack quack