• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CNN documentary shows "real side of fake wrestling"

CaptainCharisma

Reaction score
I wish chair shots all the best in its future endeavors.

Will miss them though on a serious note, the chair always seemed like the best weapon.

Reaction score
Maybe they should ask Mick Foley or any of the other ECW guys if they are going insane from all the hardcore matches they had. Oh thats right old ECW doesn't count as wrestling according to WWE.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
You people don't get it do you? You think this is permanent? Wrestling is the new flavour of the week for the media at the moment, and will be for a little while yet, so Vince is being smart by toning it down.

If you think it will stay toned down, you obviously haven't watched wrestling for very long.

CenaMark54

^^^I still firmly beleive chair shoots will go the way of pile drivers and the shooting star press.

They might be used, but only once in a while and with approval from Vince.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
^^^I still firmly beleive chair shoots will go the way of pile drivers and the shooting star press.

They might be used, but only once in a while and with approval from Vince.

Nah, give it time. Chair shots, while obviously still dangerous to an extent are not as dangerous as the other two moves you mentioned. Although, I disagree with piledrivers being banned.

But just wait for the heat to die down. Shits will come back. Also, this is pure prognostication on my part, but I forsee the next boom period of sorts for wrestling to come not too long after the inquisition dies down.

Slammin' Sam

Reaction score
They (the WWE management) needs to be smart about this.
The flying headbutt is a broken neck waiting to happen, so it should be banned.
The piledriver-a wrestler would have to really screw up to injure someone. I know guys (like Stone Cold) have ben legit injured by them, but it's like any other move-only dangerous if the performer blows it.
After all, Droz was crippled taking a sitout powerbomb. Are we going to see those banned?
So, take the smart route and ban what's really dangerous, WWE.
Thank you!:bye1:
Good transcript, BTW!

HHHforever

Reaction score
Does anyone know when this program will air again if ever? Or is there somewhere online I could watch it. I keep hearing a lot about it and I'd really like to see it.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
as long as the steroid issue is not resolved and well known wrestlers keep dying young i think wrestling will be the flavour of the years to come for the media monkey.

The media have the attention spans of 5 year olds. Give 'em a hurricane to watch or some other disaster, and everything will be just as it was.