CM Punk's win: Cheap or No.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ballin

Reaction score
Simply taking advantage of Hardy being worn out. I don't think it was heelish and they way the ER crowd reacted, I think their going to keep Punk face.

xtremebadass

Pretty much sums up my point exactly. From Xtremebadass we have the generic "Keep the title on Edge forever" opinion. Then we have Underated superstar not really adding anything simply piggybacking the same argument.

Excuse me? I never said I wanted Edge champ. I really was looking for Hardy to get a second chance and show everyone what kind of champ he could be. I thought it would have made more sense if Edge retained and Punk cashed in on Edge. I never said "Keep the title on Edge forever"

You all would of been perfectly happy if Edge had retained, but since he didn't you would of crapped on it whether it was Hardy or CM Punk as champ. It's predictable what the smarks reaction will be. News flash: Edge cannot be WWE champion for forever.

Listen, I don't know how you are getting this crap out of my post, I prefered Hardy to win, I didn't care if Edge won or not, I just REALLY hate CM Punk. He sucks at wrestling, sucks on the microphone, has suckass title reigns, and just about everything else about the guy I can't stand.

I bet if this was a face on face with CM Punk Vs. Jeff Hardy in a ladder match, and Edge came out and inserted himself in the match grabbing the title off the ladder with no prior explanation you would of creamed yourselves with how edgey and original it was and how "WWE is shaking things up pretty good". Like we haven't seen Edge do it a billion times before. But now that someone else does it its totally not ok.

Again, where are you getting this from? I am not an Edge mark, I just really hate CM Punk. This is all I put in my post...

Edge is the only superstar who should pull what CM Punk pulled, or atleast any heel should do that. Having a top face on SmackDown! pull that on the BIGGEST FACE on SmackDown! just doesn't make any sense unless Punk is turning heel.

I thought that was bogus, it would have been less bogus if Edge retained, but that is just pretty stupid, almost as stupid as WWE giving the WWE title to Batista for a day. WTF is going on WWE? WTF is wrong with you guys? Punk sucks total WEENER.

How you got I am an Edge Mark out of there is beyond me.

I hate CM Punk, why don't people get it!

Now, to reiterate my previous statement...I didn't really care who won the ladder match, Hardy or Edge, for the record...I hate CM Punk. I hope we all learned something here today that XBA is NOT a CM PUNK fan.

Thank you for your time.

chessarmy

FUCK CM PUNK

I marked out like a little girl when Jeff Hardy won, only to be dissappointed because of CM Punk's shitty MITB cash in. This could be an awesome heel turn but WWE won't do it.

Thank god I didn't order Extreme Rules

NCD

Reaction score
Edge is the only superstar who should pull what CM Punk pulled, or atleast any heel should do that. Having a top face on SmackDown! pull that on the BIGGEST FACE on SmackDown! just doesn't make any sense unless Punk is turning heel.

I thought that was bogus, it would have been less bogus if Edge retained, but that is just pretty stupid, almost as stupid as WWE giving the WWE title to Batista for a day. WTF is going on WWE? WTF is wrong with you guys? Punk sucks total WEENER.

Meh, it adds some bit of drama and excitement to the show when you do something a little unconventional from time to time. When you do what WWE did on Raw with Triple H's return... that's when things become excruciatingly monotonous.

Hometown Kid

All of the guys in this triangle suck tbh. Edge has to do everything short of killing a man to get over, and is booked to where he can't win a match clean against anyone. (Although at least he can wrestle good and cut promos.) Hardy sucks at about everything except for being a spot monkey, Punk's a move stealing bum and probably deserves to be shot in the foot by "Mean" Gene Okerlund.

Punk shouldn't of even won MITB in the first place. But WWE doesn't really know what they're doing anyway. It's a shit operation in general.

Punk won't turn heel as they need him face. It's gonna blow up in their face when nobody likes him anymore though.

And for the record, if anybody deserves to be champion on SD it should be Jericho.

noumenon

They're just completely unoriginal with MITB period. If they continue to use it this way they definately need to give it a few years off.

I don't think his method of cashing in was heel'ish....just...the ULtImAtE OppUrTuniTy!!!!!!11one
With what happened with Edge on RAW tonight I'de say there is a strong possibility of him coming off as a tweener in the next few months, so a CM Punk heel turn is not completely off the table.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Where do you expect Punk to cash it in? When a guy is fresh and ready to go? Yeah that really makes sense. The whole POINT of the briefcase is that you can cash it in when you have an ungodly advantage, like Edge has done, Punk has done, and RVD did at the second One Night Stand.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Pretty much sums up my point exactly. From Xtremebadass we have the generic "Keep the title on Edge forever" opinion. Then we have Underated superstar not really adding anything simply piggybacking the same argument. Knicky still riding the CM Punk hate bandwagon, .and Jurassic Bones doing the same

You all would of been perfectly happy if Edge had retained, but since he didn't you would of crapped on it whether it was Hardy or CM Punk as champ. It's predictable what the smarks reaction will be. News flash: Edge cannot be WWE champion for forever.

So... What exatly am I doing? I don't like Punk. I haven't liked him in an entire year and then some. Hell, I have it in my sig. I make it known when ever I can that I hate Punk. My gf even knows that I hate Punk. This has nothing to do with liking Edge or Hardy, which by the way neither of them are high on my favorites list. I didn't care who won the match, I just hate CM Punk. Though it was dumb for Hardy to win, only to lose the title seconds later. It has nothing to do with wanting Edge to keep the title. He's reign has been stale anyways.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Whoa! Damn, didn't expect to draw out the Punk hate club. :D Welp, I'm just gonna go over here and watch videos of our NEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION! Sorry, couldn't resist.

Also, it seems like a lot of people are acting like Jeff is just automatically out of the program and can't win the title back now. I don't even need to say how ridiculous it would be to think that.

Kizza

Simply taking advantage of Hardy being worn out. I don't think it was heelish and they way the ER crowd reacted, I think their going to keep Punk face.

I heard boos when he came down the ramp and hardly a reaction when he actually beat him.

Reaction score
Where do you expect Punk to cash it in? When a guy is fresh and ready to go? Yeah that really makes sense. The whole POINT of the briefcase is that you can cash it in when you have an ungodly advantage, like Edge has done, Punk has done, and RVD did at the second One Night Stand.

RVD did nothing like what Edge or Punk have both done. Nothing like it. RVD took on Cena in a one on one match - the only advantage RVD had was the crowd. Cena hadn't just gone through a EC match, or a ladder match. That was a fair call. Hell, even Kennedy declared he was going to cash in his MiTB at WM25 ... before his injury etc.

Punk, this time around, could've even cashed in at the last PPV ... wasn't that in his home town? Atleast there, he could've had the one on one match to signify him as a champion, with the home town advantage! He could've saved it, and announced his title match! He didn't need to, and shouldn't have done what he did, for the second time as a face. It's just a dumb choice. Wait - putting the fucking MiTB on him a second time was dumb...

Whoa! Damn, didn't expect to draw out the Punk hate club. :D Welp, I'm just gonna go over here and watch videos of our NEW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION! Sorry, couldn't resist.

Also, it seems like a lot of people are acting like Jeff is just automatically out of the program and can't win the title back now. I don't even need to say how ridiculous it would be to think that.

Here's to hoping Jericho knocks Punk off the high horse again... :p

I think, with this second "reign" or Jeff Hardy's, that the idea of him becoming champion again seems unlikely. If they've put the strap on him twice, and haven't had him successfully defend the title in anyway, shape or form - you have to start to wonder what his chances are. Will he just be the Taker of 2008 (Im hoping I get my year right), where he will just chase chase chase, and never win? I don't want to count Hardy out of now a third "title reign", but WWE are making it difficult to see it happening .. properly, atleast.

Kaedon

Reaction score
What are you talking about? The odds were TOTALLY in RVDs favor. It was an ECW PPV, in front of an ECW crowd, with ECW Rules, which oh by the way, means anyone whos not a wrestler can come in and play referee. No, those were totally even odds....

noumenon

Just like Kane's specialty is the inferno match? Of which he's lost all? lol

It wasn't an ambush or anything, and I really see how being in front of an ECW crowd would sway RVD's chances. Cena had been getting boo'ed for months prior to that match, so I really don't think that would have made a difference. And each guy had equal oppurtunity to use weapons. IN FACT, Cena was on the verge of winning before Edge interferred.