CM Punk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I believe that this guy has potential. But needs to drop the Go To Sleep move. He needs to go back to the Anaconda Vice. I remember when Punk first came out in ECW and he used that move and it was effective. Anyone else think that Punk should go back to using the Anaconda Vice? Since he can't use the Pepsi Plunge.

CenaMark54

Every wrestler needs a pinfall finisher. He should use the anaconda vice more often as his submission finisher though.

I think the reason they don't is that ECW is only an hour. Most matches seemed very rushed and repetitive. They stick with the same 4 or 5 moves and thats it.

MikeRaw

I dont think he needs to drop it.Its very effective and could hurt like hell.It looks pretty cool too.I think he could use the vice mor eoften but that doesnt stop him from being a great superstar.Punk has that ol school ecw feel and is a great athlete and performer.He has a bright future...

Reaction score
I don't think he should drop it but I do understand what you are saying. The Go To Sleep can look very unconvincing, and for lack of a better word, fake (even though it is), if not done properly which makes it kind of iffy as a finisher. I'd say Punk pulls of a convincing GTS about 80% of the time, which is fine by me.

Reaction score
Yeah but I also hear alot that he stole it from another wrestler. I don't know his name and i apologize.

Reaction score
Yeah but I also hear alot that he stole it from another wrestler. I don't know his name and i apologize.

Its KENTA (the junior ace from Pro Wrestling NOAH) I believe. He uses the GTS just as much as Punk does, and IMO does it slighgtly more consistently than Punk.

youthought

Reaction score
KENTAs GTS's are better than Punks. If could down it aswell as him and then his oppenent sells it correctly it would be amazing

Reaction score
Cool. I'll have to check out KENTA videos on YouTube or something.

Please do so, he is an amazing talent, and had some classic matches. He's worked most notably for ROH and Pro Wrestling NOAH, but if you just search KENTA like you said you will a variety of his matches.

CenaMark54

Just about every finisher now a days is "borrowed" and recycled.

LKP

I am a huge lover(not in that way) of cm punk. I have always liked him since 2002. His macthes in tna and roh were amazing and i know this guy can work and wrestle. His finisher is ok but if he used the short rock bottom and acaconda vice more often would be cool. But i think now hes a wwe monkey so he will do moves that the wwe will offer him. he should use the vice more often though. Even a pepsi plunge at big events would be sweet. i lvoe the guy i say before the end of the year he will be on raw or smackdown.

phantomgerald

I think he's a good wrestler with a great in-built gimmick, but the GTS is seriously not the finisher that is going to take him to the ME with, He obviously have difficulty putting the person on his shoulders, unlike Cena who actually can balance for quite a long time even with Big Show on his shoulder. I think he should change his finisher to something that is sudden and quick, like the RKO.

jpc901

Reaction score
why can't he do the pepsi plunge?

Great One

^^^1) The move doesn't fit the WWE at all. No one would ever let someone use that move for many reasons. It's damn near impossible to set up, considering realism as well (reason why I don't like it very much), the risk factor is high, and when's the last time you saw a finisher executed from the top rope? I mean they somewhat tried it with Kennedy, but they dropped the ball on that now he just does that same finisher on the ground and has a similar name as to Punk's.

2) It would be the EXACT same issue that is being criticized now with the Go To Sleep as his finisher.

3) "The OMG Triple H/Stephanie Backstage Politics Abuse" reason. It would make the Pedigree look weak, thus Triple H, who wants to be da best wrestler in da bizziness with da best finisher, will definitely not allow him to use it at all costs (even though the Pedigree is 3x easier to set up, so imo is stronger).

Trips V.2

Reaction score
Because it's a top rope pedigree. Put two and two together.

CM Punk has been extemely watered down in ECW/WWE. This guy could use a million different finishers, but WWE won't let him. So he's stuck with having to come up with something somewhat original, which is hard nowadays. The GTS is a good move if done correctly and it works for Punk so I don't mind him using it.

And yeah, I bet he learned it from KENTA in RoH.