• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk vs. Steve Austin

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Punk and Austin had another Twitter "war" today;

Steve Austin and CM Punk had another mini-"twitter war" earlier today. It all started when Austin was giving Zack Ryder advice on beer.

Ryder - @SteveAustinBSR I won't drink BLL tonight. What do you recommend?
Austin - @ZackRyder just go with regular Bud Light. Good beer. You'll thank me tomorrow....and it's cooler than BLL.
Ryder - @SteveAustinBSR Can I put a lime in the Bud Light?
Austin - @ZackRyder why HELL NO you can't put a lime in the damn beer!!!
Punk (responding to above tweet) - To make it not taste like piss. It's still poison.
Austin - @CMPunk you oughta mind your own business...stay focused on Nash and leave the beer drinking to me...Punk.
Punk - @SteveAustinBSR focus is my middle name...Steven.
Austin - @CMPunk my middle name is Whoop Ass...now go about your business before you step in a big pile of what did I get myself into now??

Chris Jericho then wrote on his twitter "It's so cute reading @CMPunk and @SteveAustinBSR 's lil cyber bitch-fights..." to which Punk responded "Yeah. Way more entertaining than you and Miz."

Joey Styles posted " @CMPunk and @SteveAustinBSR can we move this twitter war to a slightly larger stage? Perhaps WrestleMania?"

and William Regal wrote " @SteveAustinBSR and @CMPunk Please just fight and get it over with."

Over the past year Austin and Punk have regularly gone back and forth on Twitter and even had a cool confrontation on RAW a couple of months back. They are similar characters although Punk and Austin have one clear difference with Punk being straight edge and Austin known to have a beer or two. It has been hinted at regularly that these two should have a match and I want to know what everyone thinks about these two possibly having a match.

Would you like to see Punk and Austin wrestle a match?
If so what PPV would this match occur?
Is this match likely to happen?
Would you pay to see this match?
How would you book this feud?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Would you like to see Punk and Austin wrestle a match? Hell yes, I mean who wouldn't?!
If so what PPV would this match occur? Wrestlemania of course.
Is this match likely to happen? It is possible... Stone Cold does want to face him, but he'd have to be fit and all good to go ahead.
Would you pay to see this match? Fuck yes. It's your money worth here
How would you book this feud? Nice and slow, too long to type it out :p

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If Austin is healthy enough to have a PPV match without causing himself any long term damage then I am all for this. If this was to occur it has to be at WM28, The Rock vs. John Cena AND Austin vs. Punk on the same card would be insanely huge and would smash box office records.

I would bring Austin into it at the start of next year giving them four months to build this match. Have Austin make an appearance at the Rumble, have him do his beer celebration and than have Punk come out trash talking Austin's drinking and saying that straight edge is the way to go. Obviously it would have to be more eloquent then that but you get the basic idea. Have Punk continue to talk down Austin's drinking so that Austin finally says that he respects the way Punk goes about things but Austin is going to unleash a can of whoop ass on him at WM for running his mouth too much. The promos for this match would be some of the best wrestling has seen and I am sure that they would be able to put on a good match.

If this match was added to WM28 then there is no way that I would miss Rock and Austin wrestling again.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Would you like to see Punk and Austin wrestle a match? Yes although I don't think Austin has anything left in the tank (injury and fitness wise)
If so what PPV would this match occur? Has to be Mania
Is this match likely to happen? NO
Would you pay to see this match? Yes
How would you book this feud? Punk would have to go over.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Would You like to see Punk and Austin wrestle a match? Yes, but the same as Scott as long as Austin could get himself back into decent enough shape to carry his half.
If So what PPV would this match occur? Mania without question.
Is this match likely to happen? 50-50. I have a feeling Austin will wrestle again at some stage, and Punk seems a likely oppernet, but if it happens it needs to be soon.
Would you pay to see this match? Actually no, not on its own anyway, as part of a strong ppv lineup would be fine, but I tend to order Mania every year anyway. Don't get me wrong the feud would be great, but there would be serouis question marks over the match.

How Would you book this feud? Silmer to Troy, slow burning I like the idea of Austin appearing at the Rumble, I think it might be good to have Punk in a good position to win the rumble match, and then have Austin's music hit, have him hit the ring and attack Punk and cost him being eliminated, then maybe you have the two have a pull apart or brawl down the isile, then have a face off the next night on raw. Another idea I have is to have Austin pick apart Punk's history in wrestling and claim that he has done nothing compared to Stone Cold and to run rough shot on the nature of some of his big victories, Punk likewise could point to Austin's back politics keeping him at the top, like his friendship with JR, and the way Vince Mcmahon helped him beat the Rock at Mania 17 and had his back all thoughout that year. Like Scott said Punk would have to win, if this match did happen, it would surely be a one off.

Just for the record I am more in favour of a HHH VS. Punk match at Mania 28. I am certain they could have a very good match, and it would make sense because of what we are currently seeing on TV. I see a slow burning HHH heel turn, which will see him return to the ring, and maybe feud with John Cena, before facing Punk at Mania, and once again if this match did take place Punk should win.

Seak

Reaction score
Would you like to see Punk and Austin wrestle a match?
O hell yeah. If it is safe for Austin, I would absolutely love to see what these two put together. It wouldn't be a wrestling masterpiece, but Punk can carry a healthy enough Austin to something good, and the match story should be amazing.

If so what PPV would this match occur?
WrestleMania. It's the only PPV big enough for a match of this magnitude. This plus the Rock vs Cena match may lead to the biggest buy rate WWE has ever seen.

Is this match likely to happen?
With how much these two have played things up on Twitter lately, and how WWE wants their talents to look at social media to add to storylines, and with Austin supposedly saying he's in good enough shape to get back in the ring and having one more match left in him, I'd say it's somewhat likely at this point.

Would you pay to see this match?
Undoubtedly.

How would you book this feud?
I'd give Austin and Punk the reigns and let them be themselves. If you let these guys do whatever they want, you're guaranteed magic.

SpectreVLV

Reaction score
Would you like to see Punk and Austin wrestle a match? Without a doubt.

If so what PPV would this match occur? I'd say maybe Wrestlemania 29. Mania 28 has Rock vs Cena, and it might not even need this match. This match can MAKE Mania 29. Plus, Punk should be pushed all the way during this period of time, so he can actually somewhat match up to Austin in popularity.

Is this match likely to happen? I'd say 50% chance. I'm sure Austin wants to get back in the ring for a match, so if he has an opportunity to do so I think he will grab it.
Would you pay to see this match? OH HELL YEAH...

How would you book this feud? I wouldn't make it too complicated. I don't think Austin needs to be part of any complex storyline such as the current Punk-HHH-Nash storyline. They can just do a few promos, and like Seak said be themselves.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
My only apprehension is that I don't want it to be at WM 28. A. I think The Rock and John Cena deserve for it to be their night they've had 5 months now where it's known that they'll be the match. Booking SCSA and Punk takes away. At 28 you have SCSA and Punk meet up in a back room and either flat out announce it or show that it's gonna happen and then have it at WM 29. Which leaves a possible Tag Match at WM 30 or a New School Old School possible storyline

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
A pay per view match between the two would be fun to watch to be honest. The build up will be pretty good too. With Austin still being microphone savy, and Punk as well being a good worker on the microphone the vignettes would be cool. The only problem is who wins this match? Do you let Punk win and have Austin stunner him at the end? Do you have Austin win. Either way in my opinion it makes Punk look weak in the end.

Purple PuNk

Reaction score
If it happens I can see it happening not this year, but the following Wrestlemania. It would not be smart (or would it?) for Punk and Austin to happen at the same time as Rock and Cena. That way each feud can be given the proper time and attention it needs. Although see Rock/Austin versus Cena/Punk in a tag team match prior to Wrestlemania would be fun, it is my belief that having those two matches at the same time would be too much and it would be half assed.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It probably would be best if WWE booked this match at WM29 because that way they can basically guarantee themselves two massive WM buyrates in a row. Putting them together would smash records but overall it would be a bigger gain for them if they had them on seperate WM's. If they had both on the same card it will also overshadow the WWE title and World title matches.