CM Punk vs. Beth Phoenix

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Greatest Raw Match of all time

After 14 and 1/2 years and like 700 + shows, we come up with this. I know im forgetting a ton of matches, but heres my list (yeah, another top 10)

1) HBK vs John Cena

The 55 minute classic. Will probably be the most memorable match ever, despite it being a non title match

2) Vince vs Austin

One arm tied beind stone colds back. Ok it wasn't much of a match, but it served it purposed. Raw finally defeats nitro, and promotes the up coming PPV. Tension was high in this epic encounter

3) Ric Flair vs Mr Perfect (Career Match)

On the 3rd ever Monday Night Raw. One of the best matches i've ever seen. A classic no doubt. I would put this at one, but at the time, most everyone knew flair was leaving.

4) Bret Hart vs Steve Austin ( Street Fight)

One of the greatest raws i've ever seen. The whole show was based around this fued. Stone cold also attacked bret in the ambluence. Classic moments. Pillmans return. HBK saves stone cold. Good stuff

5) HBK vs Marty Jennetty (IC Title)

Back when it meant something. Marty returned after missing two years. Had a huge upset over HBK. Great wrestling match. Another one of the all time classics.

6) Stone Cold vs Kane

Austin regains his championship. Some say he was never supposed to lose it to kane in the first place. Great based on new champ.

7) Jeff Hardy vs Undertaker (Ladder Match)

I could be wrong on this, but it was the first ladder match on raw. The fans were crazy behind Hardy for the upset. Didnt happen, but was a classic none the less.

8) 123 Kid vs Razor Ramon

Biggest upset in pro wrestling history.

9) Mankind vs Rock

Mankind wins the Gold.

10) Edge vs RVD vs Cena

Edge wins the gold, but we knew RVD was dropping it to either edge or cena

Honorable Mention :
Austin vs Jericho,
Santino morella vs Umaga,
HHH vs Kane (Casket Match)
HHH vs Chris Jericho (world Title)

and i know im forgettin a bunch of matches. HHH/Rock/Austin/Angle days. Although all those shows kinda bunched together.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Its hard, but the one match that always sticks out in my mind is when Jericho beat HHH for the World Title on Raw.

It wasn't a classic by any stretch of the imagination, but that was the last time wrestling made me jump up to my feet and dance around the room like and idiot.

C4

All of them are real good but the best in my mind is the Ladder Match between Jeff Hardy and The Undertaker.
Also the Edge vs RVD vs Cena only because of the Championship change and OfCourse the 55 Minute 47 Second Classic Cena vs Micheals.

Montana

Feel free to make a top 10 list, i mislabled the title.....again

It was supposed to be Greatest matchES of all time.

I agree with Hardy vs Taker. That match had something special with it.

I dont recall Jericho vs HHH on raw. Perhaps youtube will refresh my memory.

the dark knight

hey i remembered some:
1)kane vs stone cold (have to mention it)
2)kane vs triple h in a casket match .
3)kane vs triple h (if kane lost he takes off his mask )
4)the fatal 4 way tlc tag match that kane won .
5)good thing u mentioned hardy vs taker
6)the divas mud match .
7)the match where edge won the gold last summer . (cant remember details )

Reaction score
^^ to montana
if everyone is tlakign about the match im thinking of, he was in the hunt for the ic title, and then someone (cnt remember who) gave him a title shot a HHH, then HHHdid somethign to hebner, so when jericho had HHH pinned hebner did a fast count giving jericho the title. but later HHH made hebner revers the decision, and wipe it from the record book

hardy vs. taker ladder
hardy vs. nitro ladder (it made me realize hwo athletic nitro really is)
HHH vs. kane mask vs. title (although it marked of the begining of kane goign downhill
michaels vs. cena last week (wish it was for the title)

i can't think of anymore right now, but i was mainly trying to name matches ppl left out, so of course the matches othe rppl named should also be on my list

Defiant One

Reaction score
Jeff Hardy vs Taker ladder match was sweet
Mankind vs The Rock that match just sticks out in my mind
Vince vs Stone Cold not for the match itself but because of the signifcance of boss vs employee
HBK vs Cena match of the year, a true classic
RVD vs Edge vs Cena- the title changed hands the last time in recent memory on RAW

Montana

Hmmm, I found HHH vs Jericho on a Old Tape. Im thinking about perhaps making a disc 2 DVD set. Would people be interested If i pulled together the top 10 + more? It would probably be 15-25$ and would feature a good list of matches. Keep in mind it would be like VHS quality, but a peice of history. I believe i have most of promos too before the main events.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Ultimately it depends on what's on there.

If you can put some stuff on there that I don't have, yeah, I'd purchase it.

Also, I would hope that commercials will be edited out?

Montana

Yea, I gotta filter through like 20 tapes and pick the best stuff. So this may take a while.

For sure i know i have

Hardy vs Taker
Perfect vs Flair
HBK vs Cena
HH vs Jericho
Austin vs Jericho
Rock Foley
Austin vs Vince
Bret vs Austin
Edge vs RVD vs Cena
Cena vs Edge Cage match
.....and a handful more

xtremebadass

Undertaker vs. Jeff Hardy, the ladder match for the Undisputed Title, takes takes the cake for me. It was really the first big time match I saw when I started watching wrestling without ordering PPV's. It was just so well done, plus they were my two favorite stars at the time.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yea, I gotta filter through like 20 tapes and pick the best stuff. So this may take a while.

For sure i know i have

Hardy vs Taker
Perfect vs Flair
HBK vs Cena
HH vs Jericho
Austin vs Jericho
Rock Foley
Austin vs Vince
Bret vs Austin
Edge vs RVD vs Cena
Cena vs Edge Cage match
.....and a handful more

I would in that case more than likely purchase one. I stopped taping every Raw and whatnot like 3 years ago, so you do have stuff I don't.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Didnt HBK and Angle have a classic Ironman match in like 03-04 on Raw?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Not really classic. Kinda dull actually. But yes, and it was only a 30 minute iron man match.