CM Punk Talks About His Return & more

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Taker

Reaction score
Rate a Matchtype Day 2: Ladder Match!

Ok, the Steel Cage got a result of 80, Day 2 is...A Ladder Match!

A ladder match could put a wrestler out of action if you use the ladder to beat your opponent down. The Ladder match debuted at Wrestlemania 10, when Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon fought for the IC Championship. The aim of a Ladder match is to climb to the top of a Ladder and try to retrieve a Belt, that is hanging above. I tmay sound easy but it is not. The opponent trys to beat you to the top. A ladder match is used mostly in a Tag Match for the Tag Championships.

I like Ladder matches, the best match is when John Cena and Edge faced each other for the WWE Championship. John Cena managed to get the belt after he FU'd Edge off the top of the ladder...through a table. I am going to give this matchtype a... 7.5 for the brutalism of what a wrestler can go through trying to retain or win the championship.

Ladder Match: 7.5/10

Malone Hart

Reaction score
Dude just thought i'd let you know the ladder match did'nt debut at Wrestlemania X, it debuted at Stampede Wresting in 1972 the winner was Dan Kroffat and the loser was Tor Kamata

And there was a ladder match in the WWF before Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon at Wrestlemania X and it was Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels

Reaction score
Ladder matches pretty much always deliver exciting highspots and edge of the seat action. Some of my favourite bouts have been ladder matches. 8/10

Wrestling God

Reaction score
I like ladder matches they are always fast pace never dull and can be quite destructive so i'll give it 9 out of 10

Taker

Reaction score
Dude just thought i'd let you know the ladder match did'nt debut at Wrestlemania X, it debuted at Stampede Wresting in 1972 the winner was Dan Kroffat and the loser was Tor Kamata

And there was a ladder match in the WWF before Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon at Wrestlemania X and it was Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels

I meant it debuted in the WWF at Wrestlemania X with HBK And Ramon

Malone Hart

Reaction score
But it did'nt though like i said the first ladder match in the WWF was between Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart

Truth

Reaction score
The Ladder Match was invented by Dan Kroffat of the Stampede Wrestling organization out of Canada. In September of 1972, Kroffat fought Tor Kamata in the first Ladder Match, where the object above the ring was a bag of money. Kroffat won the match and tossed some of the money into the crowd.
-Wikipedia

I love this match, one of my favorites. Usually some sick spots and has held many classic matches, 9/10.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
there wasn't a ladder match i saw that i didn't enjoy it had classic matches between hbk/razor,hhh/rock,benoit/jericho,hardys/edge and christian and so on.so with that i give it a 9/10

also the match Malone Hart is talking about was a match between bret hart defeated shawn michaels at a house show July 21, 1992

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
- Chicagonow.com spoke with CM Punk this weekend to promote his return at the SmackDown live events. Here are highlights:

On his return and feud with John Cena:
"I feel lovely. The comeback is going well. Obviously I've picked probably the biggest superstar to smack with a steel chair, so it should be interesting."

Announcing on RAW:
"I would love to do both but I think I believe there's a thing as overexposure and I think people will get sick of me real quick."

"I kind of basically looked at it as my retirement plan now. That's definitely something I can do when I'm not wrestling anymore. And believe it or not -- this sounds horrible -- but it was really easy for me. [laughs] I would really love to do both. I'd love to wrestle and do commentary, I think that would be awesome."

On if he had heat for wearing a Colt Cabana shirt on RAW recently:
"Nah. A lot of people in the WWE try to paint themselves as outlaws and rebels and I really honestly believe I'm the only one left [laughs] . I always do what I want and I never get any flack for it. I don't know if it's because they know they're not gonna win, or it's not worth fighting me over. Plus I don't see what the big deal is about me wearing a Cabana shirt. The guy should be working there, first of all, and it's promoting my friend. I don't see what the big deal is."
That last part is bad ass :lol: Now hopefully he didn't jinx himself and he does start getting flack for stuff. And him commentating and wrestling at the same time would be great to see.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
So, basically Punk has all but confirmed he'll be doing commentary when he retires. :D

Chuck Norris

Reaction score
This is why Punk is the greatest man to walk this Earth. He does what he wants and doesn't give a damn about what anyone else thinks.

SAL

Reaction score
They definitely wouldn't have let him wear it if he was in the ring. But still it was pretty awesome to see, and it's awesome to hear him speak the truth about Colt.

Baller

Reaction score
The WWE arena needs to start up WE WANT COLT chants, so WWE will get the memo. If Punk thinks he is awesome then Colt is awesome

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Punks message needs to be sent to Tampa as they are the ones who serenaded him with "You Can't Wrestle" chants for a 3 show taping.