• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk returns to WWE - discussion thread

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
oh I know who Carmen Sandiego is, it's just that the author is forcing a joke that makes no sense. Carmen Diego wasn't just touring small parts of the US lol
Oh it’s definitely both forced and dated, but I do believe there was one game specific to where in the US she was. Definitely not as catchy as where in the world, though.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
there used to be a gameshow when I was a kid
I used to watch it religiously. What a fun way to make educational content that kids want to watch.

The theme music was catchy as hell.

It started as PC software and the creator realized the greater potential. What’s wild is the recently did a Netflix reboot. I haven’t watched it, but crazy.

Sabretooth

Good for Punk showing up and helping young talent. Sure he has tons of advice to pass on.
“Get into fights in a company you don’t want to be in to get fired and then return to your former employer now that you’re controversial and be bigger than ever”

Dale

Super Moderator
Sources told Fightful that Punk showed up and spent most of the day at the WWE Performance Center despite not being planned for the show.

The report notes that Punk was backstage and was willing to help anyone who asked for it as well as even hung out with talent in the lounge. Punk was also watching matches with talent and giving feedback.

Punk was also seen moving around the backstage area, including in the gorilla position and behind the hard camera area as well as behind the tech crew observing.

Prior to Punk’s return, Shawn Michaels was the most vocal and prominent WWE-related name that endorsed the former AEW star’s return and even publicly welcomed him to NXT, which sources close to Punk claim that he didn’t take the endorsement lightly.

WWE sources have stated that Punk is welcome at the Performance Center whenever he wants. Ibou of WrestlePurists who has a good connection with sources close to Punk stated that sources have indicated that his long-term goal is to eventually succeed Shawn Michaels in running the NXT brand.

The report also notes that WWE officials said that something like that is a long way off and there are no immediate plans for Michaels to finish up his run in NXT anytime soon.

Ibou also noted that Punk would be observing TV production, something that he was known to do in OVW, and would often bend Paul Heyman’s ear about.

Everyone spoken to at the Performance Center stated that Punk has been a pleasure to deal with so far, and there was a lot of excitement about his presence there.​