CM Punk reportedly wants WWE return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
"You see I worked with children and children deserve to be punched, they didn't agree" - Punk selling himself as a martyr to HHH

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
side discussion: does WWE actually want people taking shots or even mentioning AEW on their tv. all publicity is good publicity after all

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
"You see I worked with children and children deserve to be punched, they didn't agree" - Punk selling himself as a martyr to HHH
"You know how I was a smarmy little bastard last time I was here? Well imagine that but like 12 of them"

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
"You know how I was a smarmy little bastard last time I was here? Well imagine that but like 12 of them"
Do you think Punk would ever try to put Mox in a shoot headlock?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
side discussion: does WWE actually want people taking shots or even mentioning AEW on their tv. all publicity is good publicity after all

I mean they took pot shots during the wars.

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
Only thing i can recall is the DX hall of fame induction where triple h called it a piss ant company and said the two sweet whoop whoop chant was nerdy

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
which war?

Monday night wars. Against WCW. Currently they've just ignored AEW, so the argument could be made that calling them out could "legitimize" AEW. I'm just saying in the past they haven't been afraid to here and there.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Monday night wars. Against WCW. Currently they've just ignored AEW, so the argument could be made that calling them out could "legitimize" AEW. I'm just saying in the past they haven't been afraid to here and there.
oh ok, ya ig i dont really see that as the same because they arent on the same nights and TK didnt start his company with the intent to kill WWE. I get your point as well, though

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
There’s only been one wrestling war

Tommy Thunder

Reaction score
I don't know what happened to Punk mentally during his AEW run, but he clearly went off the rails and lost his head while he was there. There's no way he would get away with pulling that shit in WWE even for one second but if he wants to continue to wrestle then WWE is literally the only option left for him at this point as they're the only ones who could afford him.

From my observations, WWE is a far more professional environment to work in than AEW as they don't have active talent in management positions, and as much as Punk is viewed as 'anti-authority' he works better in a far more professional environment especially in his advanced years. I think he could get on board with an Edge style schedule and he would be a big benefit to WWE in a role like that, even if it's for a short term contract. He would get a big pop and the crowd would get behind it, no doubt. There's also plenty of potential for a heel turn as he plays an excellent heel.

I hope it happens personally. Survivor Series is in Chicago and it looks to me like they're leaving some options for there to be a space for him on the card. It would blow the roof off if he was to return there.

ETE

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
J1K3xhn
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Yeah once you use words like entitled brats to justify the actions of another man, you've lost me. Sounds like you just want to take not so subtle shots at AEW or the Elite and sound very cool on the internet.

I’m a hardcore Miz fan, last thing I care about is impressing a fanbase of people that have called me a troll for liking a guy like Miz.

How many fist fights did he have in WWE before?

You can’t deny JB acted like a brat after being told his spot with real glass was a bad idea.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoss

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
your rebuttal is bad and you should feel bad

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I do love the constant victim blaming certain Punk fans go through to justify all his nasty little actions though, it's even more ironic as he's the kind of guy who champions stuff supporting victims of abuse and other ''left'' leaning ideals, and yet his most devoted fans act akin to MAGA sycophants who will stretch the truth to unimaginable lengths to paint their guy as a mistreated victim who was simply in a toxic place and he just had no choice but to fight back in this oppressive environment of less than 6 feet brothers refusing to work with someone who physically assaulted him. the fucking humanity!

Funny how all the backstage leaks and drama has almost but all completely disappeared since he left. Must just be a coincidence...

Last edited:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I think part of Punks problem is he went in there, thinking he was going to do this and that and take them to the next level. I think the JB spot was a safety thing (and I mean it's not a terrible thing). But the guys in AEW chose AEW for a reason they don't want it to be Mini E and so at every turn he got push back. He handled that in the worst possible way. It shouldn't be forgotten or forgiven, honestly if it were any other work enviroment he'd be facing at least assault charges. But it's wrestling he's not the first and it won't be the last time this stuff happens.

I also feel like they really dropped the ball on his second come back. They should have straight up made the backstage stuff a storyline. This day and age where you have the dirtsheets at the ready. Blur those lines make it seem like the shoots were a work and vice versa, we'd all have known but it's probably the closest we'd have gotten to like a Brian Pillman is it real moment.

As far as he and WWE. If he goes fine. I don't think it'll be the same scenario with him attacking people backstage. Will he cause drama? Obviously he hasn't even been hired and it's drama. Do they need him? Not really. But they're seemingly interested. So they feel like there is something there.